Diet For Reducing Bodyfat

Dreambig, please clean out your PM inbox before sending me any more PMs. I can’t reply with your inbox full. I have no other way of telling you.

It’s empty man but I will post it in the forum and everyone can input if it is a problem.

Has anyone had any success or know of anyone who has implemented a high protein/ high fat with about 50g carbs type diet. I read that craig pickering employs something like this and just wondering if anyone else has had success with it. thoughts ??

I have done this a couple times, but only for about 6 weeks each. I got cut very quickly but wasn’t training much beyond weightroom + twice a week volleyball.

EVERY single time. All my clients too - never fails. But i never put a gram figure on the carbs - Have to use Ketostix to determin how many carbs one needs. Could be 20g, could be 80+ grams

I find it only never works if people DON’T use ketostix. Just guessing your carb intake requirements has only limited success.
Not very useful for Comp period though.

Thanks for reply, is the energy from fat enough to support a 100m sprinter doing speed/ weights/tempo and med ball. This is the area that I find difficult to understand as I have always thought that sprinters energy source was from glycogen. Also most searches I have done have been with endurance athletes using high fat diets but cant find any with anaerobic athletes. cheers

In case you missed my post in the flurry of activity earlier - do you have references for the above statement?

Ive been taking mct oil(medium chain triglycerides) and on the back it says take 1-3 tablespoons a day. My version says used by olympic athletes. It doesnt say which ones take it, however if you’re taking 3 tablespoons of it daily, this would probably kill your bugs(various candida species), id guess. Just type in on google, ‘mct coconut oil kill candida fungi’.

Mct oil has 6x the medium chain triglycerides of
coconut oil, as it is derived from coconut oil. The
3 acids which kill the various candida species are capric acid, caprylic acid, and lauric acid. Coconut oil has all three acids, and mct oil doesn’t have the lauric acid but 6x the mcts of coconut oil(6x the capric and caprylic acid i guess)

I appreciate that you are contributing to the discussion but your post has nothing to do with the statement from Boldwarrior or my request for references.

That said, out of curiosity I did a quick search regarding the MCTs and candida (I’m not sure why you are concerned with candida - also, it has been my experience that the term “bugs” is generally used in reference to bacteria, not yeast) and did not find a whole lot. Admittedly, I did not spend a ton of time looking, but what I came across was not indicative of a clear effect of these MCTs on candida. I’d also question how wise it would be to seek, in the absence of pathology or elevated susceptibility, to “kill your bugs”.

Mate - would have to dig up references - It’s not something i’ve just learned. Flettontenko just mentioned something that is part of exactly what i mean.
Check this one site out - 1st site looking up google i found;

https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-8376/10-signs-you-have-candida-overgrowth-what-to-do-about-it.html

There is lots more - the gut is a complex system.
My naturapath who is into sports as well - he specializes in the Gut - so a lot i’ve learned from him.

Visceral somatic inhibition- regarding my own ‘life/training/progressions’ I believe I’ve always had this gut dysfunction. It’s when their is ‘bloating/indigestion/dysfunctions’ ‘within/around’ the ‘small/large intestines’. Since the gut has alot more nerves associated with it than say for instance the spine, one will not be able to ‘contract their core/engage it fully’, if their is dysfunction within.

Since as a child i received antibiotics 4x from age 1.5 years to 3 years, im guessing a good majority of my good bacteria had been wiped out. I’ve had white flecks on my nails, thrush, sugar cravings, dry hands and toes, chicken skin bumps, ringworm on the shoulder, indigestion, brain fogginess, heartburn/acid reflux, constant hunger during periods when not working out(2-3week breaks), odd joint pains all-over the body at different times(sometimes the big toe joint, knees, hips, back, shoulders, elbow…all symptoms that point to a fungal infection.

Regarding killing the bacteria(good or bad), i’m basically trying to educate myself ‘outside the box’. Supposedly you can’t starve the candida fungal infection, since it could morph around inside your body into different symptoms. One doctor says you dont want to kill it(candida) but get it to convert back into its yeast form from its
fungal form. Maybe a multi-strain probiotic would provide one some leverage(its what i’ve been taking), while taking these mct oils in an effort to settle down the candida.

Also, while on this ‘half assed attempt’ at ridding the candida fungal infection, i’ve eliminated all
breads and most carbs, and stuck with ‘organic plant consuming animal protein’(wild deer, moose, bison beef- we kill the deer n moose in the wild) in conjunction with salads 2x daily, mct oil and coconut oil(recently), as well as a vege supplement mix, hemp protein(only on weights, sprints, or ice hockey days), multi vitamin, l-glutamine. I’ve lost 12-15 pounds on this diet.

Going back to the original question that started this discussion, your body stats don’t appear to indicate the need for specific fat loss measures beyond eating well, simple portion control, and training hard. If you do that consistently for the next couple of months (making tiny adjustments as you go), that should accomplish most of the body comp changes. At that point you can decide if you want to get more specific. As the margins become smaller, you have to take more extraordinary measures. But get as much mileage from the ordinary measures as you can. Don’t add complications before you really need them. Even bodybuilders do not use fat loss methods year round.

To play devils advocate to myself regarding the use of mct oil, it is not advised to be used if you have diabetes, gastrointestinal issues, or high cholesterol.

Mct oil is known to raise cholesterol levels, so just thinking out aloud i wonder how long it’d take while supplementing with 3 tablespoons daily(as some mct oil bottles recommend as the maximum), for an olympic athlete to raise their cholesterol levels to dangerously high levels.

Are any of you guys utilizing mct or coconut oil, in amounts of 3-5 tablespoons daily? For how long?

Keep it simple - has anyone heard of an athlete following a CF or Kitkat type of programme who is overweight ?

CF/Angie posted previously about suitable supplements - i dont remember them being very numerous. I have some of the site products such as GPP and Lactate threshold - is diet ever mentioned there or do they just focus on the most important stuff. I have no idea about my BF% but know I reach my lowest weight when following the recommended training protocols.

Why bother about tiny details like coconut oil.

Just do the training and dont eat too much junk food or sweet stuff.

Come on, that’s just crazy talk. I’ve never heard anything so ridiculous.

Just a general observation, but has anyone noticed that a simple thread regarding diet racked up over 1500 views in just a few days, whereas similarly recent threads related to training technique haven’t garnered nearly as much attention?

All I can say, is lucky this group has rational human beings. Reading some other forums about Nutrition is it like people have killed a god…

I am by no means an expert on anything, as a side note I dislike the term expert, but the quote attributed to some bloke by the name of Albert Einstein “If you can’t explain it to a six year old, you don’t understand it yourself.” is something I try and follow.

We seem to look for the complex when the simple (not easy) is the better path to follow.

The fact of the matter is we are omnivores that can survive and thrive on a multitude of different types of foods. Hence the title of Michael Pollan’s book The Omnivore’s Dilemma. As a result, there are any number of nutritional approaches that can produce beneficial effects if applied properly. The problem is picking one and sticking to it consistently. Like training, there are basic principles but no single perfect system. Everyone is different, and as your body changes, your needs change.

One thing to note regarding nutrition

There are many ways to eat healthy.
However

If somebody is overweight (Fat) - then if they eat what a lean athlete eats that fat person will probably NOT lose weight.

Just because a lean person is lean - doesn’t mean it’ll create a Fat person into becoming Lean.

A lean person who is training to gain muscle mass eats different to a lean person training to get faster and Not put on mass.

A lean person training for (x sport) should eat different to a fat person training for (x sport)
When fat person becomes lean - then ex-fat person and original lean person nutrition becomes pretty much the same.

At 16% - he is not lean.
142 = current weight
119 = Lean weight
23 = fat weight

At a body weight of 131
119 = lean
11 = fat weight = a loss of 11 pounds.

Should only take 4-6 weeks to drop that Fat off.
Any thoughts on Program sacrifice is only a very short period of time.
If one was worried about it - GPP is ideal.

11 pounds lighter will make more of a difference to his speed than any 4-6 week training block.