Detour bar...."you gotta be kiddin me"

CF crew

anyone else tried this bar? the detour bar is the hottest thing in our store right now, after one bite i said “you gotta be kiddin me…this is too good to be true.”

the taste is very close to a snickers bar…i look at the ingredients and the palm kernel oil and some soy (but very little or so they say) doesnt excite me, but can anyone else read between the lines?

anyone else tried it? anyone know what the catch is? heres the 411 from their website.

Supplement Facts
Serving Size 1 bar (80g)

Calories 290
Calories from fat 80
Total Fat 9g 14%*
Saturated Fat 3.5g 18%*
Cholesterol 40mg 13%*
Total Carbohydrate 21g 7%*
Dietary Fiber 3g 10%*
Sugars 6g †
Protein 32g 64%*
Riboflavin .10mg 6%
Folate 57mcg 14%
Vitamin B12 .75mcg 13%
Calcium 140mg 14%
Iron .50mg 3%
Phosphorus 153mg 15%
Sodium 480mg 17%
Potassium 150mg 4%

• Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
    † Daily value not established.

oh and here is the link to their website:

www.detourbar.com

AX (from CJM?)

ive looked into the studies and come up with a couple differnet things:

1. all done by rival companies and they would test a number of bars and post the result of the single detour bar that tested the worst.

2. if you taste the individual elements of the bar, they are totally gross, espicaly the middle part which makes up the majority of the bar.

3. designer apparently bought the production equipment for this bar that supplement company that can produce that type of bar.

4 the bar totaly rocks for taste, and they have really help kick our january sales up at the store.

any other thoughts

I was amazed at the taste of this bar - there has been people talking about it not measuring up in the lab though - this could be just other companies just talkin sh*t, but who knows - it is pretty tastey.

aX

Originally posted by nightmare4d
AX (from CJM?)

Yup, that’s me! Miss me hun?

Well, I hope something comes out that clears their name. I won’t go out of my way to buy a lot of these ($5 a pop!), but they’re a nice treat from time to time.

Later!