combine programs and trainers

Trainers List.

Parisi Speed School

Mark Verstegen Athletic Performance Institute

Jay Schroeder EvoSport- Ultra Fit

Chip Smith - Competitve Edge

Danny Arnold - Flex Sports

I was going to go this year, but I was not able to attend. Got caught up with some work bs.

“I have not done combine work for a few years since many programs are what I call cattle farms. Train large groups of 30 guys and hope for a few to pop a good one.”

Couldn’t agree with you more! When I first started doing combine training the first question I was asked by agents was, " how many guys can you do?"
I prefer to keep my group small, my face out of the limelight and my focus on developing those qualities I believe ,will let the athlete excel.

Ripley,

For what I have heard about one of your elite clients you did very well.

Tom Shaw is a nice guy but I don’t agree with his speed ladder work to improve stride length and frequency. He also has a “explosive hamstring” exercise that includes rolling a medball off the heels of the athlete while face first on the ground. The athlete rapidly flexes the hamstring at the knee in a curling movement back to his partner. This can all be read in mens health.

He seems to have a very large list of clients and looks to be making good money…but the methods written looked a bit bizzare for elite athletes.

I like the Parisi schools stuff and Defranco…Mark has some great stuff but don’t know about the other guys.

I just have HS athletes now and currently am working on the #3 Squash player in nation in World Juniors. Show me the money! When I go back to get my masters I will jump into NCAA/elite action…but I enjoy eating out instead of Tuna on white bread. Graduate programs are tough!

Rooney and Defranco have been getting good results.

From what I understand, the Parisi school works with one agent (or agency) and only work with the players from the agent.

Rayner,

Stay away from the white bread.

Clemson, the guys did do very well. I love working with people who have an oustanding work ethic. You tell them the sessions start at 7am, and they’re there at 6:30. One of the reasons they did well.
We simply provide the structured plan which I’ve learned from Charlie …is everything. We don’t try new shoes or a different meal, or wrigleys chewing gum when they’ve been chewing bubblelicious. We stick to what they have been doing all along and there should be no surprises.

joebernadi.com look there!

If an athlete is good enough to get an invite to the combine, you know you’re dealing with a genetically gifted athlete. I know I’m simplifying it, but, put them in the ballpark with a decent plan and great things can happen. I recall an Ian King article on testosterone.net that dealt with the development of athletes and just how many different people along the way have had an impact. The fact that Charlie started working with Ben at the age of 15 or so and produced the result he did is amazing. Tony Wells is another one who comes to mind as “producing” great athletes.