cockysprinter's results

Nice, great job with the 110s! What’d you change with your form that caused such an awesome PR? Also, what were you running in the 110s when you were a freshman and a sophomore?

ive changed the way i attack the hurdle, and i run much more erect. i had a very unique form youd have to see to understand. basically i would swing my leg up straight and swing it down staright. i would only be a few centimeters above the hurdle, but the time it took for my lead leg to get down was long. now my leg follows a more direct path to the ground when i go over the hurdle, so my time is cut a lot. it also allows me to better utilize my speed and 3 step easier. a negative is that my acceleration seems to be cut, because im running erect by the first hurdle.

as a freshman and sophomore… my first race was a 19.0 and at the end of freshman year i ran a 17.9. as a sophomore i ran a lot of races in the 17s, and my PR was 16.9. i think i opened with 17.9, or 17.6. as a junior i opened with a 16.3 and ended with 15.7. i average an improvement of about 1 second each year. so far anyways, im not done improving. :smiley:

ironically the coaches gave us some cards to write down our goals on. i wrote 11.3, 15.0, and 38.7. i figured i MIGHT be able to run 15.0 by the end of the season, and that i could run 11.3 right now and 38.7 by the end of the season. words cannot express my happiness. :smiley: i mean, the hurdlers i idolized as a freshman and sophomore… i can run as fast as them now. and im sure ill be faster than them soon.

great job!

april 28, 2005
liberty dual meet
110: 16.0
4x1: 46.3
300: 42.0

the 110s sucked. im not quite sure why it was so slow, but it couldve been a number of things. i had ANOTHER headwind, there was no competition, and my shins have been hurting really bad. it was sunny though.

the 4x1 also sucked. we had to replace two members again, and our handoffs were pretty bad. we won off the fact that all our runners were faster.

the 300s were alright. it was a season best, and i won. my teammate made a big PR (44.6-42.8) and now hes ranked 3rd in the county. we dominate hurdles.

may 5, 2005
mercer island dual meet.
110: 15.8
4x1: 45.7
300: 41.8

my coach timed my teammate at 15.1, which if true, means i got more around the 15.4/15.5 mark (he was officially timed at 15.4). who knows with ht though. im not horrible upset with this time for a couple of reasons. 1) its still the 5th best race ive ever run and 2) i had a horrible week in training.

me and the third leg once again botched the handoff, he took off too slow. im pretty sure i rocked my leg in terms of pace though.

the 300 is an ht PR. my FAT PR is 41.99, so it could be the best race ive run (timer had 41.75). the track is REALLY nice though, its only 2 or 3 years old.

may 7, 2005
shoreline invitational
110: 15.45, ??.??
4x1: 46.30
300: 42.65

the 110 prelims were good, i ran the second best race of my life (equivalent to a 15.2 ht) and beat my teammates PR again. the finals were ridiculous. i messed up my rhythm and ended up running horrible. when they called me to the podium, they said my prelims time!

the 4x1 was good until the last handoff, which was completely botched. i got the baton in first, got rid of it in first, and we were in first until the last handoff. and we were in lane 8.

the 300s were another mediocre race. ive actually ran this time twice this season. i was in the lead til the final straight, and it was a weird race. i hear no footsteps or hurdle bashing the whole race.

may 12, 2005
bellevue city meet
110: 16.xx
4x1: 45.5x
300: 42.63

tripped again on the 110s, though i was about to win. my teammate, who won, got 15.65 so i know i can destroy him at the county championships, which is what i plan to do.

the relay was good, though we barely won. no major handoff botches.

the 300s were ok. i just went out hard enough to win, since im gonna save some energy for the county championships next week. thats when everythign starts to count.

may 17, 2005
kingco prelims
110: 16.88
300: 42.XX, DQed

ok worst meet ever. every year this meet gives me problems. last year i fell, the year before i ran .8 below my PR. it was delayed 2 HOURS because of the weather. i was just taking it easy in the 110s, but i think i took it too easy. the 300s i got DQed for the first time in my life because i cheated going over the hurdle on the curve. quite obnoxious.

may 20, 2005
kingco finals
110: 15.37 (FAT PR)
4x1: 45.22 (season best)

i was kind of disappointed in the 110s cuz i wanted to win, but it was a very close race. the relay went good, and we got second. our relay is improving, which is good.

15.3 is a very nice time! much better than your last race. well done

thanks. as you can see, im somewhat… inconsistent in my hurdling.

may 25, 2005
district prelims
110: 15.49
4x1: 45.01

the 110s were easy, i barely tried. the time would probably be more around high 15s or low 16s but there was a massive tailwind. if conditions are the same friday, i suspect the top 4 finishers will break into the 14s (me included).

run sub-15.1 and you will beat me :smiley:
best of luck! relax and let it come to you, my best times always came when i felt smooth all the way through and not tense or straining. you’ll do great

ive already beat you, i run 10m more! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: and besides, i can 2 step your hurdles :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :smiley:

oh yeah and thanks for the encouragement kra.

You run alot.

may 27, 2005
district finals
110: 15.91
4x1: 44.76

well i got gipped out of my two last shots at state, cuz some fucker smacked me over every hurdle, i couldnt pass him. the 4x1 just wasnt good enough.

i dont know what to think.

if anyone wants to check out my next season training, its here: http://www.elitetrack.com/messageboard/viewthread.php?tid=2943&page=1#pid26630

ill post my next season results here, but thats quite far off.

Are you going to college next year or will it be your senior year in high school? If college, where are you going, are you running with the team, or are you unattached?

im graduating in a week. i doubt ill run for a college team, but i do plan to compete. so far im gonna go to the community college ive gone to for the past 2 years for another quarter or two, then transfer to a school with a kinesiology program.