Coach Education Questions

I have currently upgraded my coaching level and in the course needed to submit an exam. I had the exam returned with a couple of wrong answers.

A real problem exisits with the interpretation of the wording, perhaps not in the questions I missed, but generally with the overall questions being asked.

A consequence for the student trying to understand the information and answer a part of the course requirement in the exam is coming to terms with the philosophies of the person that created the course! …and that is another entirely different thread.

My questions to this community are literaly from the exam and are as follows:

Which of the following is not a valid cue for a sprinter?
a. hips tall and shoulders relaxed
b. head relaxed on shoulders
c. arms straight and driving
d. toes up and pull to the ground

In the last 10m-30m of a race most athletes:
a. decelerate - and should work on knee-lift to minimise this
b. decelerate - and should drive their arms higher than their nose to minimise this
c. accelerate - and should work on knee-lift to maximise this
d. decelerate - and should work on knee lift to maximise this

100m sprinters do not need to incoroporate speed endurance into their programs.
a. true except for during the preparation phase
b. false - they ned to maintain their speed endurance almost year-round
c. true - they need to maintain their maximum velocity year-round
d. false - they need to perform equal amounts of speed endurance and max velocity work

Towards the end of a race, beginner sprinters should focus on:
a. leaning into the finish line from about 5m out
b. sprinting to the line
c. sprinting through and beyond the finish line
d. diping their shoulder from about 5m out

Happy thinking!

i bet i would probably give some wrong answers also

c
a
d
c

?? so did you fail because of these questions?

I’d agree with Mortac but surely you have a book that tells you which answers are correct? :smiley: Just like the NSCA exam!

Haha… unfortunately that is reality for some people. I am doing an internship right now in a D1 S+C program and there is one other intern who works with me. I often ask her questions about the purpose of lifting weights, why not just jump and sprint, why strive for strength and not just hypertrophy, why a set volume of work, and so on to try to make her think and stimulate some good conversation. All too often I get the response: “why don’t we just look it up?” :frowning:

Lol :smiley:

Where are you interning if you don’t mind me asking?

Drexel in Philly

Just is a test, this post.

Thank s

So, the examiners have advised that some of your answers are wrong. Did they then tell you what they think are the correct answers to those same questions?

[b]If not, perhaps you are destined to continue through your coaching career making what in the opinion of the examiners are mistakes. [/B]That would compound the problem - and make the organisers of your test culpable.

Well, I guess it’s about time for me to change my avatar!