Chris6878's journal.

No reason to being dep pushup at this time and I probably wouldn’t be doing 10x200 either.

How come? The 10x200 was to aid in my weight loss.

3/22

weights-morning
plyos 10 plat jumps 20 depth jumps
deads- 5,3,2 315 365 390
abs

track afternoon
3x120 no time, 13.1, 13.5
after reading Stephanie’s post
“When I trained with Charlie for that one day, one of the key things we concentrated on, was stepping right underneath the body, and not trying to create a larger-than-comfortable stride (the typical over-stride). He said that I might feel like I’m actually making smaller steps and going slower, but it’s not the fact, as the maximum force can be applied down there (center of gravity), and one ends up being up higher in the air for longer.”

This really made me remember alot of things I used to do. I havent doen it in a while one reason was not having the strength to hold the position i needed to be in. I am strong enough to hold the position again. Today I tried it out and it felt great. I felt as if I was taking a ton of lil fast steps but I was moving pretty fast down the track. I would have ran 12.9-.8 on the second 120 but I hit a spot on the track that made me stumble the last 10 meters. I broke down on the last few meters but I will get better in time.

3/22

weights-morning
plyos 10 plat jumps 20 depth jumps
deads- 5,3,2 315 365 390
abs

track afternoon
3x120 no time, 13.1, 13.5
after reading Stephanie’s post
“When I trained with Charlie for that one day, one of the key things we concentrated on, was stepping right underneath the body, and not trying to create a larger-than-comfortable stride (the typical over-stride). He said that I might feel like I’m actually making smaller steps and going slower, but it’s not the fact, as the maximum force can be applied down there (center of gravity), and one ends up being up higher in the air for longer.”

This really made me remember alot of things I used to do. I havent doen it in a while one reason was not having the strength to hold the position i needed to be in. I am strong enough to hold the position again. Today I tried it out and it felt great. I felt as if I was taking a ton of lil fast steps but I was moving pretty fast down the track. I would have ran 12.9-.8 on the second 120 but I hit a spot on the track that made me stumble the last 10 meters. I broke down on the last few meters but I will get better in time.

Coolness :cool:

All thanks to you.

Cheers to Charlie :cool:

Well thanks to charlie by way of you

am tempo 17x100
abs inbetween reps.
felt real good. Was able to work on my form.

Took a contrast esolm salt bath. yesterday. really helped.

I felt it today. Legs were sore. After the 120s on tuesday I felt a lil beat up. During the tempo the next day I felt good but a lil sore. Today It hit me.

no weights
2x30m bs
3x150m

That workout didnt pan out. I felt ok durin the warmup. Couldnt get the block work in cause of the block slippage. lol I may have to buy new ones. did some 50m runs of curve.
first 150 felt tight. I couldnt get into my form like i did on the last two workouts. 17.1 sec. Because of the slow time I only took 7mins recovery. Second 150 was 17.5. Legs were really feeling sore. waited 10mins and tried to go again. Got off the curve and stopped. legs too beat.
I wanted some plyos but I decided to call and get a quick massage.
I was hoping to run low 16sec to high 15. Just didnt happen.

I felt it today. Legs were sore. After the 120s on tuesday I felt a lil beat up. During the tempo the next day I felt good but a lil sore. Today It hit me.

no weights
2x30m bs
3x150m

That workout didnt pan out. I felt ok durin the warmup. Couldnt get the block work in cause of the block slippage. lol I may have to buy new ones. did some 50m runs of curve.
first 150 felt tight. I couldnt get into my form like i did on the last two workouts. 17.1 sec. Because of the slow time I only took 7mins recovery. Second 150 was 17.5. Legs were really feeling sore. waited 10mins and tried to go again. Got off the curve and stopped. legs too beat.
I wanted some plyos but I decided to call and get a quick massage.
I was hoping to run low 16sec to high 15. Just didnt happen.

am tempo
5x100
5x150 on grass
weights-bp 5,3,2,5 225 255 275 225
pull down 8,6,4
pull up 3x10
abs

felt great during the tempo

3/27
Great workout today.
2x30 bs
1x20 20 20 fef
3x60 fly 6.38,6.56,6.6 all into a head wind

weight room
pclean. ass to calf 4,4,3x135
squat 5,3,2 315,365,400
epsolm salt

I felt real good today. As I was running the flies I felt like I was moving very slow. It amazes me how subconsciously you are activating more power down the track than you are when you are consciously trying to. When you run fast and you dont know it you wont even feel nearly as tired as you would if you were “trying” to run fast.

3/27
Great workout today.
2x30 bs
1x20 20 20 fef
3x60 fly 6.38,6.56,6.6 all into a head wind

weight room
pclean. ass to calf 4,4,3x135
squat 5,3,2 315,365,400
epsolm salt

I felt real good today. As I was running the flies I felt like I was moving very slow. It amazes me how subconsciously you are activating more power down the track than you are when you are consciously trying to. When you run fast and you dont know it you wont even feel nearly as tired as you would if you were “trying” to run fast.

your starting to get it

Yea it took so long. lol

3/28
tempo
3x300 100 m walk
5x100
weights
bp 3x5x225
pull down 8,6,4
pull up 3x10
abs

5/5

weight down to 175-176
meet sunday

today i did 3x10 bs
3x30 bs
2x120 bs. The runs felt good. I concentrated on getting tall with a nice lean and dorsiflexion. If i can duplicate this in a race i will be good to go.
weight room-
plyos 50 depth and platform jumps
pcleans- 5x135 hang warm up, 4x135 full, 3x155 full, 2x185 full
abs

5/6 tempo 10x100 push and sit ups in between

5/8
weights down to 174-175. Im starting to fell like I am getting my swagger back! Worked on running tall after drive phase and it ensures that my foot lands beneath the hips. Like i have been marching.

speed day.
3x30 3x40 2x50 all from blocks.
60 fly. Felt great today.

weights 225x5 315x3 365x2
didnt wanna push it since i have a meet this sunday. If i can duplicate what I have been doing at practice i will run a big season pr.

5/9
6am tempo
10x100.
I felt great inside ham is a lil sore but I dont fell it when im running.
no weights