Chris6878's journal.

well that wind was in my face out the blocks but I guess it was swirling. either way its a slow time.

wnated to run today, but I have a cold. I felt it comming on last week before the meet. I didnt want to admit I was sick, but it has gotten a little worse. Im gonna run tommorrow .Just some tempo work.

3/31
Did some tempo just to get my legs back
6x200 walk back across the field. I ran them in my sweats. on the 5 and 6 rep i had to take a few more minutes rest.I was beat up.My walmart stop watch missed most of the times but i ran 27 on the 1s rep and 30 on the 3rd rep and 35 on the last.

weight room
bp 5,5,4,3,3,3 first 2 were warmup sets/ 225,245,245,245
rows 8,7,6
pull ups 3x10

wtf…

4/1
2x10 2x30 bs
4x150
I caught a cramp on the last rep in my calf. The cold is still affecting me I guess. Felt good on the first 2 reps. I was tired after the second. I took 6min rest in between the first 2 and 13 min to the 3rd. The final rep I took 6. I wasnt too tired but I guess the cramp says different.

Plyos
overhead med x8
supermanx5
depth jumpsx5
sand pit jumps 3sets

weight room-
squats 65444 first two sets warmup with 225 then 315,345,370
good morning-3x10x135
abs.

A hard head make a soft behind, you are running slow as dirt and still wanna do max strength. I bet $100 that CF would disagree with that nonsense.

3x4 is max stregth. lol shit felt pretty light to me. The only reason i hadn’t been squatting that heavy was because of cleans beforehand and meet tapering.

Too much vol/load to allow your body to adapt to the speed endurance work, this is why CF only used 2x6 etc outdoors. I see you are chasing weight room numbers vs track times. Goodluck.

ill be doing 2x6 at 70-75% next week.

That may be too heavy, 70-75% for 6reps could be a 100% effort.

felt good today 4/5
speed
80,60,40,20 bs
5x10 hurdle hops
2x5 med ball throws

weight room
jump squats 5x8x45
lunge 3x6x45
squat 2x6x225
abs

When are you racing?

not till sat afternoon like 5. I plan on doing tempo for the rest of the week. no spikes. I may do some cleans on wednesday. I should be getting some therapy. I thought you was coming down.

I’m gonna give you more time to train, don’t wanna hear any excuses. Tempo for rest of the week?

right…

Well it will be a lil intensive. I just wont be spiking up. I may do some starts thursday. I will also do plyos this week.

Chris, Do you perform jump squats with dumbells or a barbell???..

What a way to talk to someone on this forum, lol.

Me and Chris go wayy backk…

Haha, I was gona say, unless you actually know the guy and arent just a random member talking.

Little chirping does some good I guess.

Don’t forget Chris does his share of trash talking to me also.