Chris6878's journal.

Why you say that. I never include to warm up block starts. I have been getting in alot of volume speed wise.

Let’s see how you open up in Jan, what’s your plan leading into your first meet?

gonna start to go into the maintenance phase of my weights after next week. Also gonna start my speed endurance in the next couple weeks. So up until now I have been doin speed, spec end and speed again sun thru thursday. So Im gonna start to drop the weight volume which should help out on the track. I also gotta start getting weekly massages. I think that therapy is one of the key components I have been missing. I feel much more confident and stronger than I did all of last season.

Chris training seems to be going very well. Your powerclean looks like its coming along too. I’ve been struggling with mine ever since I’ve started using them. I’m stuck, everytime I go over 180lbs my form breaks down and it feels like its a ton of weight, so I stick to light weights and keep my form solid. Although I think my form has come a long way with the same amount of weight, and I used to pc 215 with the worst form imaginable. Any tips on progressing the pc?

What is you’re general plan for competition season with the speed and accel volumes?

Are you serious, he’s been feeling like SHIT the past 8 weeks. Think about it young fella.

I used to have a weak pclean myself until this year. I think the main thing for me was to get that deadlift strong. It helps with the initial pull off the floor. the faster and more powerful the pull the easier it will be to get under. I noticed the heavier the weight the better my form is. What kind of bar do you use. That can cause a problem also.

During the comp I am gonna adjust according to how I fell and how fast Im running. Once the comp phase starts Im gonna start to phase out squats in favor of cleans and snatches. I find the squats stay in my legs for days. But we will see. I may just keep the squats to once a week with a few heavy sets.

The usually feel like shit after a super hard taxin workout. THis is also my first year weight training like this plus the lack of therapy is the big killer. I just think once im able to start getting steady therapy i will be good to go

Chirs what do you attribute to you not feeling well?

The way I’ve been reading it is that you’re workouts are going well and are indeed inducing fatigue. This fatigue might be accumulating and come competition period, will be relieved in favor of good performances.

Or are you just generally not adapting well to the training as RB has mentioned and feel like shit on a continuous basis?

I did feel as though my pc was coming along nicely when I was using the deadlift too. I think this does make a difference. I use the standard bar that we use for squatting ect… What type of bar do you use?

The usually feel like shit after a super hard taxin workout. THis is also my first year weight training like this plus the lack of therapy is the big killer. I just think once im able to start getting steady therapy i will be good to go. I am adapting. I am just taxing my cns and muscular system like never before. I think once I start to unload the times will be fast.

The bar I have been able to use has been the olympic bar lately. I train at a highschool with a nice olympic type weight room. IT does make a difference i think. I can clean on the regular bar but it takes more effort.

Nice, I’ll have to give that a try.

12/11
Tempo day. I did 10x100 boy was I beat up from the previous workout.
Weight room
bp 3,2,2,2,2 225,235,245,255,265
push ups 4x30
pull down, rows

12/13
speed day
Felt sore still. My achilles has been killing me for the last 2 months.
bs-10,20,30,40,3x50
Decent session
My achilles is affecting my running. I need to get some therapy.

weights- pcleans-3,2,2,2 185,225,235,235
gm-3x6x185
stiff dead- 3x6x225

My weight session was better than my track session.

12/14
Tempo
5x200 4x100
weights
bp
pulldown
push ups
row
sauna

12/15
Man I cant wait for my maintenance phase. I think all this is taking its toll on my body.
spec end day
3x30bs
1x150. I was gonna do 2 but the hamms and achilles was flairing up. Plus the time was terrible. I also did some platform jumps into the highjump mats x8.
WEight room
hang clean 5x135 .5x185 I was done after that. I couldnt even get 185. I was done.

Don’t be silly, trash your plan and do what your body is telling you.

Well some is my fault. I havent been stretching after practice and doing all the recover techniques I should be. I just started hitting the sauna and takin epsolm salt baths. My energy is good just havent been 100% in a while. I am gonna see how I feel at practice today. Then I am gonna do a real recovery week. With lots of therapy.

12/20
bs 20,30,40,50 I wanted to do more but the achilles was killin me.
Med ball plyos.’
Weight room-pcleans, squat, gm

12/21 weight rooom and tempo

12/22- saw the chiro and my stretch guy.
12/23 went to my parents house 3 hours away. hopped out the whip and did some tempo 1500m. abs.
12/24- I had planed on doing some starts and a 150 but they replaced the only rubber track in the city with a nice new road track. with new lines. I hate this city. Ended up doin med ball plyos. overhead x10, double triple and single 5 each.
Weight room-I had a good session in here.
Pclean-4,3,3,2 185,225,225,225,225
squat-4x4 365,385
Bench-6,5,4,8. 185,225,225,225 last set I felt strong so I kept goin. I was about to knock out 10 but I didnt have a spot.

12/28
tempo
10x100
weights
bp 3x2x2x225
arnold press
pull down
row and pushups

12/29
speed end
3x30
2x160
felt decent. my achilles are still bothering me.

weight room
hclean 3,3,2 185 185 185
squat- 4x4 365,385
gm 8,8 185

12/30 rest

12/31
3x30 bs
3x80m 50hard 30 maintain
med ball-overhead x5 squatx5 single hop x5
Felt good today. This was a resistance day because of the amount of wind.

weight room.
pclean- 3,2,2 185,225,225
squat 4,4 385
I was tired after that. Had nothing left.

1/1
tempo 5x200
weight room
bp-3,3,2 225,225,245
pull down and row 3x8
push ups 120
abs

Be careful with that wind bro it will fuk you up…

YEa I didnt push too hard in it. I just worked my form.

1/3
Speed day
2x(30,40,50) bs. DOnt remember all the times but I did run a 5.8 50. My boy said I caught a flyer. I think I would have gotten away with it. lol
2x50 20e 30fast. Timed the 30 at 3.2
Medball
5x overhead throw, squat throw, double and triple hop.

Felt pretty good today. It was cold out so I am pleased with the times.