chocolate before comps

i was reading in the forum review where charlie said that the europeans used to have chocolate the night before comps,
could charlie or someone elo elaberate on this.

you say they ate nothing the day of competition? what if the comp is at 8pm did they still not eat?

You can do this, but make sure you go straight to bed afterwards…

yes that was said in the forum review aswell, so they wouldnt eat even if they had 2 rounds or a late competition??? what if they had semi’s one day and finals the next??

any other comments???

im still having problems when i have a late competition, ie 7pm

i tried the chocolate the night before when i had a race at 1.30pm and it worked really well.

but then i tried it another time where my race was at 7.30pm and i felt really tired.

any advice

i remeber that colin jackson did this …world record holder in 110 hurdles

I’m not recommending it- only reporting it. If it works, go ahead and do it, but if it won’t hold you till a late race, you’ll need to try something else. I don’t think it would work to eat it in the AM and sleeping a few more hrs- prob not long enough to give the same effect.

so would you be able to give me any advice for when i do have a late race?

I want to try this but scared i’d just get hungry. what kind of chocolate did you have Bud? And how much water did you have the following day?

Charlie did you or any of your athletes EVER try it?

Why no eating the day of a competition? I always get hungry no matter what…

hey,
i just had plain cadbury’s dairy chocolate.
the day of my comp, i drank water as i normally do, and i did get hungry so i had a chocolate milk drink,
charlie did write in one of the books that one as his athletes did it and one a medal, and i have also heard collin jackson doing this.
but i still dont know if they did this if they had a race so late in the day.

I ate a family block before each heat: didn’t make me faster, used to be built like Calvin, now like CJ :slight_smile: