Chart from Frank Dick's article

I know hes on the sh1te list lately but I like this chart. I took it out of the PDF and put it on google docs.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=phBHnCMddejyJX94GaYbgHA

Enjoy

Competition E times don’t match with the Charles Univ (IAAF) data that stood up well from WC and Oly results. The 100m results are not up to the 60m standards-EG. 6.49 should be 9.92 to 10.00 at worst.
Maybe these are British results- and that would indicate a problem with SE.

Given the lack of indoor facilities durin g the 80s/90s I’m sure this is the case and the 60m times will still be good due to the large volume of weights work that could be done.

No one was running 6.49 in Britain till Linford in the early 90s so I don’t know how a table could be reliably constructed- or why one would be needed when Charles Univ did so much good work. I guess it was to try to correlate SE work to race results. But who’s results?

I assume they “extrapolated” (made up) the intermediate times!

Yes i agree the times are off. Although I did run a FAT/a finishlynx system for the 30m and it was dead on with what my 60m FAT time was indoors.

The testing times should be FAT when using this chart. The only way I would really use this chart is if I have a REAL FAT timing system. Like the reacttime from finishlynx. Then maybe it would be more accurate of what you can really run. I’ve looked at some training times of people running 3.5-3.7 HT and then they run low 11s and low 7s indoors.

Where can the Charles Univ (IAAF) data be obtained?

Thanks

I think you should start by contacting the IAAF and asking who you should speak to for this. As I recall from years ago, they were very helpful.

I’m more concerned about the flying 30m

2.48= 0.82+0.82+0.83 Asafa went 0.83+.0.83+0.83 in Rieti …the chart predicts 10.09 as fastest time for such a 30m split I would suggest you could prabably come down 9.69 running like that between 30-60 !

I think that chart is in limbo between hand time and electronic…fantasy and reality… aka Dick time

That’d be called Dicking around with the facts, wouldn’t it?

Looking back at what I wrote. My Slower FAT 30m Time matched up with my slow ass 60 :slight_smile:

So a word of caution to all of those who have never used this chart, the only way you can really be sure about the times is if you use the finishlynx system. Or if you run a 3 low then maybe you have the potential to run a decent time.