Charlie

I totally missed this post,
As work has taken more time than i had wished for.

Without this forum I would have quit the sport years ago, but now I still see improvement in results and I am still learning more and more.

Charlie, Angela I wish you all the best and hope for a good outcome.

Best of luck with recovery.

Pindaman
I love hearing comments like that as so many people have told me this.
And thank you to everyone for your well wishes.
This site has been and will continue to be a place for people to learn and share information about what works to make people faster stronger and competive in all sports.
Cheers to all of you from all of us!
Ange, Charlie and James

Charlie/Ange, I just wanted to let you know we had a great time in Palo Alto, CA this weekend as we attended the Stanford-Notre Dame football game last night (very good game to watch, not so good result for my two boys and me as Notre Dame went down…, my wife an daughter were dressed in Cardinal red and loving the result though). Stanford is a beautiful campus and we were thinking about you as we were messing around on the track this morning.

take care, Charlie

I am not sure which track you were at but the warmup track near the book store ( not the main stadium) has a plaque of all the people who attended Stanford and were on the Olympic team. Charlie’s name is on it for 1972 but they have his name listed as Chuck Francis. He hated that nick name.
The last time we were there I took a picture of Charlie holding James next to it. It was at this time Charlie and James were having 100 meter contests as well. I think James would have been 3 or 4 at the time.

Who won? :confused::smiley:

I’m betting against Chuckles :stuck_out_tongue:

Chuck Francis sounds very close to Chuck Norris!:cool:

Have you seen James sprint?

no, but heck a Dad that beats his 3 or 4 year old in a race…well he may as well cross the line and say in your face…and by the way there is no Santa, its just me and Mom :eek:

James doesn’t need any favours. He is lightning fast. I couldn’t even see his feet touch the footpath he’s that quick and a nice tall, open action. I think it’s just something he’s picked up from the family genes but also just through maybe being around the people sometimes Charlie has coached and observing…I tell you, he’s the fastest kid I’ve ever seen. I was shocked when I saw him sprint a few times along the footpath when I last saw him a couple of years ago. Sweet kid, too.

Yes, we were on the track near the bookstore and saw the plaque, very impressive list a Olympians, NCAA champs and records.

We also watched the womens soccer team team practice as they are preparing for the NCAA semifinals this week, my wife who played in college and and now coaches now and daughter who plays now loved that as well.

Wow very impressive pic!!!

… of impressive people.

Sweet pic did you draw it?

LOL, yes she did.

I was surprised to read that charlie has been ill
for a number of years and yet there has been nothing from him on this site to indicate that he had a fight on his hands.

I shouldn’t be surprised tho, as from his first individual reply to a question from me six years ago his strength of character and qualities as a person have continually shown thru.

All I can now say is thank you for your generosit
Charlie and the absolute best of health in the future.

Good luck mate,

Sprinter68

I was surprised to read that charlie has been ill
for a number of years and yet there has been nothing from him on this site to indicate that he had a fight on his hands.

I shouldn’t be surprised tho, as from his first individual reply to a question from me six years ago his strength of character and qualities as a person have continually shown thru.

All I can now say is thank you for your generosit
Charlie and the absolute best of health in the future.

Good luck mate,

Sprinter68

She should put a watermark on it.