Charlie

Charlie,

Sorry to not have been on the site recently… I’ve been working hard to make a difference in this world.

Without you I would never have become an Athletics Coach and never have discovered what has now become my career. I owe you everything and your words echo in my ears every day and remind me why I love this sport.

Fight on and I look forward to seeing you again in Toronto in the not so distant future.

My love to Ange, James and yourself,

Best,

TC

Charlie,

Please fight the hardest you can.
I have no doubt things will get on well
All my thoughts from France.

Sincerely
Steve

Charlie, your work has changed my life. You’re the best and I wish you a complete recovery!

get well soon Charlie!

get well soon…

We hope things are looking better and your getting well.
So very Glad for this site, the books, the dvds, the seminars.
Get well soon and hope to see you back soon.
all the best

Get well soon CF!!!

As it happens I was in Toronto training with Charlie when he was getting some of his follow up diagnostic tests done. I’ve been sworn to secrecy all these years and I have been thinking and worrying about him every day since then.

I’ve been a fan and admirer of Charlie’s for almost 20 years, and over the years his training methods have been the only ones that just make sense to me. The launch of this site was a major breath of fresh air and has been an incalculable source of training wisdom that is unparalleled by any other source in the world in my opinion. When it started I never dreamed it would afford me the opportunity to meet and train with Charlie and become friends with he and Ange. The week I spent training with Charlie was the most transformative experience of my training career, really magical. Charlie literally taught me how to run. And I had no idea what real sports massage was until I had Charlie work on me.

In addition to the legacy of information that Charlie has provided through his writings and videos, he has also done a fantastic job of building a genuine community of sharp, incredibly knowledgeable coaches and athletes who understand Charlie’s methods and will form the next generation that will carry on his work.

All my best. I hope you get well soon.

this is terrible news! I wish you all the best for a full recovery, charlie…

my best wishes too

Charlie, I am very sorry to hear about your health condition. I am sure you will battle it through and come victorious. You have to.

While you are temporarily away your friends, online comrades and disciples across the globe are continuing to spread the knowledge of the Francis School of Sprinting. Don’t you worry about that!

Get well and hope to read you soon.

Like everyone else my thoughts are with you and your family!

The site was created to re establish Charlie’s voice in the world of track and field but more importantly speed, strength and conditioning.
People can and will say anything to sell themselves or a product. Does’nt need to be honest or correct.
Charlie’s mission from day one was to let the world know he accomplished what he did through thoughtful, methodical training built over a series of years. After 1988 we had a few top Americans come to visit and they promptly left discourged to find that chemistry was not the corner stone of his thinking.

Ange, it’s been four days. Is Charlie still in hospital or home? Is he is OK? It’s been 4 days since your last note and I’m certain everyone is hurting.

I totally missed this post,
As work has taken more time than i had wished for.

Without this forum I would have quit the sport years ago, but now I still see improvement in results and I am still learning more and more.

Charlie, Angela I wish you all the best and hope for a good outcome.

Best of luck with recovery.

Pindaman
I love hearing comments like that as so many people have told me this.
And thank you to everyone for your well wishes.
This site has been and will continue to be a place for people to learn and share information about what works to make people faster stronger and competive in all sports.
Cheers to all of you from all of us!
Ange, Charlie and James

Charlie/Ange, I just wanted to let you know we had a great time in Palo Alto, CA this weekend as we attended the Stanford-Notre Dame football game last night (very good game to watch, not so good result for my two boys and me as Notre Dame went down…, my wife an daughter were dressed in Cardinal red and loving the result though). Stanford is a beautiful campus and we were thinking about you as we were messing around on the track this morning.

take care, Charlie

I am not sure which track you were at but the warmup track near the book store ( not the main stadium) has a plaque of all the people who attended Stanford and were on the Olympic team. Charlie’s name is on it for 1972 but they have his name listed as Chuck Francis. He hated that nick name.
The last time we were there I took a picture of Charlie holding James next to it. It was at this time Charlie and James were having 100 meter contests as well. I think James would have been 3 or 4 at the time.

Who won? :confused::smiley: