Charlie Francis and his influence

Wow, Angela!!!
Nice one, much appreciated.
Lol.
This website was always full of good stuff. It’s just getting better and better.

Thank you.

I agree , thanks so much for this template, it I sgreat to see in real life situations.
Thanks for sharing.
BTW, is the first attachment the same as the second one as I couldn’t open the first one.

The template is gold.Hope you can share some more of Charlie 's past works.

What I always liked and captured from Charlie’s material was the rhythm and flow in specific detail that the work required. The attachment shown was certainly one of many exceptional presentations that he developed.

Intriguing!

Just realized my error. It was not Asher Smith who I worked on and who was with Lorna but “Asha” Philip. My mistake.

I just found the 100meter one and the 400 meter one.
I can send it to someone more directly if they can do a better job posting it.
Otherwise I will post as I did the other one. If you have a MAC you are good.
I am not sure how it shows up on a PC.

Was fine on my PC. You are very generous for sharing!

Hi ESTI
Can you open attachment 125?

The jpg. works just fine but the attachment cannot be open.

regards
wermouth

I am trying to illustrate something that this graph makes obvious. My generosity is a side bar to my point.

Looking forward to these! Always great to see Charlie’s work.

Great template. Thank you for sharing. I’m learning so much from this community forum.

I’m having quite a bit of trouble reading some of the smaller print. is there any chance of getting a typed version, or maybe a couple of close up pictures with each showing half??

I am thinking of posting these in a blog as part of a set. For some reason the clarity of the chart shows so much better on the blog than in the forums.

That would be great.

I second that.

I have only talked with a few people who were as generous as Dan Pfaff. He’s one of the most generous people I have ever met, in any field. Coincidentally, in the sport coaching world the best coaches I have ever met are the most generous. That doesn’t mean they freely give without some element of payback (not monetary). No one likes to feel used. I promise you that if you come across as passionate and genuine most of the coaches would give you the shirt off their back.

Unless he was required by England Athletics to go through some type of formal request process, if you had contacted Dan directly I am almost positive you would’ve been able to spend time observing.

Another Great article written by Buddy Morris

Speed Training for Football
http://www.8weeksout.com/2015/07/08/speed-training-for-football/?inf_contact_key=1d3fc89a7a91e1e95ede8bb9ec7900fc4076800cbe9435de521fea4c89886102

“To expand the alactic envelope you must train in the alactic environment!”-Charlie Francis

All roads lead to Rome and nothing is set in stone (Credit to my good friend and former assistant, James “The Thinker” Smith).

Buddy acknowledges those he learned from regarding speed…he cont. to be a humble leader.

I came across this template on my computer the other day and began to dive into the “why” and “how” of its structure. However, I’m not quite sure I understand all of the specifics (the “what”) yet. Other CF templates had the rest schemes, which I always found helpful to understand the purpose. Hopefully others on here have some additional insight on this one.

Monday
The workouts are pretty straight-forward here with a goal of developing acceleration and maxV.

Wednesday
Beginning in the 5th week, what is the 3x(60+80+100) workout? Is this some kind of split-rep SE workout, with short rest between reps and full recovery between sets? This seems like a ton of volume on top of the follow-up 300.

Saturday

Beginning in week 6, are all long runs on full recovery? So a combination of speed endurance and special endurance?

Recovery Days
I found it interesting that explosive medball throws were combined with tempo through 10 weeks. It appears that a high intensity element was present on 6 days of the week. Any opinions on this?

While I’m not speaking for Charlie, here’s my analysis:

Wednesday- as you stated, split SE and associated rest intervals. Total volume of SE is 720m, not extreme at all for that bracket of intensity and note how the first three week of follow up 300m are relaxed to build capacity before cranking it up.

Remember as well that this plan is for 200m runners who have a substantial requirement for speed end and special end.

Saturday- as Friday features cleans and squats, it’s unlikely that Charlie intended the Saturday work to be high velocity. I would think all work on that day would be of some sub-maximal character respective to each distance.

Recovery- explosive med ball throws are an excellent means of ‘smoothing the edges’ of CNS intensive high/low training when they are performed on the low intensity days. In this way, a certain level of tone is sustained throughout thereby mitigating the possibility of entering the next high intensity day too ‘flat’ and susceptible to problems.