Charlie and Combine

4.42:rolleyes: He’s givin’ world record sprinters a bad rap.

100 yard dash :eek:
4.42 lol

6 weeks is time to do very little, odd speed drills, every 3rd ay…5 total the 1 week off.

goo dluck…

From NFL.com

» WR Justin Gatlin (5-11 7/8, 195): Ran a 4.45 and a 4.42 in the 40. Had a 40 ½-inch vertical jump, 11-foot long jump, 4.4 short shuttle and 7.36 cone drill and 12 reps in the bench press. The former Olympic sprinter faces long odds of getting signed.

12 reps :rolleyes:

his short shuttle and 3 cone are not very strong for obvious reasons, does anyone know if he was trained before hand by a professional in these drills.

Looks like he put on some weight as well, I thought he was 6’1. I heard rumors that he ran a 3.8 when he tried out for the Texans.

must be telegraphing his first movement because his vert and SLJ are still good

Love the hand times like I said before. Now about 20+ combine guys think they’re faster than the a 100m WR performer.

And I read a article mentioning gatlins possibility for the olympics, his 4.42 speed vs. powell’s 9.74 :eek:

I heard he ran a 4.1 there.

Now its 4.42. I think he is just way out of shape to be honest.

He’s got no chance right now for anything, but reasons are obvious.

I know I agree lol. Its a darn shame.

(That last link was so weak I had to find another one…Believed to have run 4.1).

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/30/sports/football/30gatlin.html?ex=1322542800&en=9b28f2bd140ba48a&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

Ya well the genes are still there so if he trains all out again, he will regain a good amount of his lost form easily, but if theres nothing at the end, what is the purpose of pushing yourself into 10 flat range?

There’s some strange video’s of him training in St.Louis or somewhere on youtube.

All the other numbers look good. Charlie may be right about the telegraphing the start issue. I know they ran on field turf but I would have a hard time believing that he only had a 4.4 in him.

Charlie how would you instruct the start of the 40 ? From what I have seen the best times come from guys with no wasted motion or rocking movement. Also a good number of guys were “hiding” their hand behind their hip, do you see any benefit in this?

100 Metre Performer Is A Monster, Do Not
Compare With A Blowbag Football Player…

Ciao !!!

Gatlin trained outside ATL at one of the combine prep places, not sure which one. I know he was training with guys from Ga Tech, UGA, UT, etc. He had the same coaching in the events as anybody else fellas.

thats the problem, he should have done the training he did with TG, the scouts could care less about his shuttle times etc they want to see him run that 3.8 40yd.