Change of Career ( Born a coach )

… …

I do believe that coaching is a talent. A coach is born a coach. I don’t know? Its just what I feel. But then he can still have all sort of other qualities. As being able to reach the best in on the track. And sometimes they might not have that quality. Which still doesn’t dissregard their coaching talent.

I would really like to hear Charlies opinion on this also, or any of the other coaches. When did you know that you were going to be a coach???

age 16…cause at age 22 most athletes shut it down and become slaves with white collars.

I caoched almost as soon as I knew anything about whatever sport I did at the time. My Karate instructor said that you should be able to coach a person at least up to whatever level you have acheived. So, when I was a yellow belt, I coached white belts. After I did track for 2 months, I was coaching little kids at elementary schools.

Now I coach track and no longer compete (except for the odd bet). I do ultimate fighting, but refuse to coach it.

From the time I was very young I knew I enjoyed the preparation, planning, training, and competition too much to just be an athlete. I want to share my passion.

I’m sure Charlie will chum in on this thread, but to take this excellent line from Speed Trap…

‘The more I learned, the less I was able to use that knowledge for myself. It was a contradiction with only one solution: a turn towards coaching.’

… …

Chime? :wink:

Flying, most of your questions are answered in the form of several chapters in Speed Trap.

Yeah Pete,
it´s a little bit different don´t ya ?

If that’s not a rhetorical question could you please rephrase it as I’m not sure what you’re asking. It’s cool though, your English is still much better than any second language I can speak. :slight_smile:

… …

…Canceled…