Chambers For NFL?

hell no… go into nfl locker rooms these guys arent as big as you may think, and many of them have shit bodies.

Not the guys I saw (aside from kickers and long snappers). Tell you what though, one of the guys was here for 10 days to fix a catalogue of ills- scar tissue from 4 rib fractures, turf toe, hamstring and groin scar tissue, jammed thumb- and on and on.
Mike, Allajando and I wailed on him all day long.
He just said: “Do what you need to do.”
We had a meeting after and decided this guy had the highest pain tolerance we’d ever run across.

I would believe that, considering the constant collisions those guys take. Heck, look at Paterno (PSU’s coach), he took a major hit to the knee and they had to fight him to pull him away from the game.

Pictures:

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/FrameSet.aspx?s=EventImagesSearchState%7c0%7c1%7c0%7c28%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c1%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c72417338%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c%7c%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0&p=7&tag=4

(and I can imagine the pain you guys had to put in thru Charlie to fix those problems)

Interesting - I’ve only watched pieces on TV and I guess the padding is deceptive.

(Rugby on the other hand … now there’s a game!)

I think like Charlie says after Chambers takes his first big hit … only then will he realise what he has signed up for - padding or no padding.

I used watch film of Barry Sanders - is he one of the last RBs (after the Sweetness) to take on the tackler and not run to line?

The collisions in rugby vs football aren’t similar at all because of the tackling style and obviously the speed of the guys.

I think UT is right from what I have seen from people getting recruited HS–>top D1 schools. A kid from my area was the #1 ranked CB in the nation his senior year, but sucked skill wise for the most part (for being ranked #1 at least). In fact, his team lost the conference when he gave up an ~80yd td pass in man coverage, but he was a pretty freaky athlete naturally and put up nice combine numbers and with his athletic ability had some nice highlights. Oh ya, he’s starting as a true freshman at a top 20 school.

There’s a big diff between what RBs do and receivers.

Well there are some similarities - but the main factor is the ball direction in that with Rugby the reciever does not generally have to turn his back to the tackler.
Also the distance the tackler makes before contact in rugby is alot less than in American Football.

im not saying all fb players. the point i was trying to make not all nfl players have these great bodies that u guys think, yeh we have guys like boston, eddie george, galloway, jevon kearse, tony parrish, darius, springs etc, but most of these guys just have ur ave body like marvin harrison, reggie wayne, deion branch and u have ur ol and dl and most of those guys have shit bodies.

my hs coach had al and he was a freaky athelte and track became his meal ticket. lj’ed 24+ in practice. couldn’t catch a damn thing ever though. between hs college and the pros he’s probably had less than 250 catches. was most dangerous as a return man and slot decoy. “ok al go deep” (pump fake) (throw the dump route cause everyone went after alvis).

lol, ok whats ur point.

Charlie, who was that player in 1988 cowboys?
at 200lbs he won’t be the lightest at all…

He isn’t doin so bad, starting for the Raiders (I know I know, bring on the RAIDER bashing! haha) for the first few games. Although I only really see him catching balls on deep routes like you said. You know how Al Davis is, he’s kept Whitted around for so long because of his speed threat I’m sure!

whats yours?

i was pointing out that one of WRCortese5’s examples of someone doing good in both track and football in the modern era wasn’t really doing to much in the NFL imo.

al did find the perfect team to play for. as long as he’s still running faster than any other wideout they can bring in ahead of him he’ll probably still have a job. and as an olympic trials finalist he has the wheels to keep playing(for the raiders at least) for as long as he wants.

Deion Suanders was 196 pounds at CB. Michael Ervin was about 210 at WR. Emit Smith was around 210 at RB. If Dwain wanted to fluctuate his weight up to 210-215 pounds he could.
I liked the bobsleigh suggestion, Dwain has squatted in the ballpark of 800 pounds, just a shame that nobody else on a british bobsleigh team would be any good.

he could get jamaican citizenship.

Where is he now??

My satellite intelligent sources tell me he was back an indoor location in London training for the indoors this 2008 season.