cfts

Not just any speed work but a dramatic speed session that leaves you unable to complete your scheduled weight work will most likely have already compensated for what you ‘missed’ so you’ll move ahead in general strength and, surprisingly, in lifting ability as well.

what is a cookie though, and i really would apreciate the advice is this :

how do you judge when to change the number of reps, weight or even drop an entire lift altogether. When i train my self, i know when to stop, i can feel it, but my athletes, well i cant ask them “are you tired?” cause the unswer is alsways “no” in things they like to do (speed and squats) and “yes” in things they dont like to do (med balls and tempo).

what signs sould i be searching for? Deterioration in technique is one i guess, but what else? In sprinting i can see the technique, but in squats say, i cant yet, im probably not experienced enough, but still…

thanks

If you have the GPP DVD Charlie gives examples of deteriation of technique with med ball throws, with sqauts if you can’t tell by eye then you could time the sets and use that as a paramiter.