CF vs Zatsiosrky, who's right when it comes to the use/non-use of parachutes?

I completely agree with Flash, why this obsession about Soviet sprint methods, Privalova was the other successful one but she was too in margin of official system with her personal coach (and partner) Parashuk.
GDR was much more succesful in sprints, but as they didn’t wrote sprint training books, nobody quote them. Soviet were much better at distance running and Pole Vault, Shot Put, or High Jump.

Concerning speed chute: name a sprinter who used chutes: Muriel Hurtis 10.96 at 100m, European Champ at 200, World Champ at 4x100. Did chutes contributed to her speed i don’t know, however she used it.

Hills

Hills

Hills

If you need to use resistance … What is wrong with hills?
Hills aren’t a new blue solution, but they are a very good and relatively safe source of resistance for runners

Why is the more complex ‘approach’ always deemed the best?

Find a hill and run up it - easy!

There is a time and place for everything! Chutes, isorobic exerciser, sleds are used so that only 10% a decrease in time is allowed! Anymore than that they aren’t useful! So the real question was not why chutes are so complicated but rather if there were the best in terms of resistance training! After reading CF’s post I concur for the moment that they are not bc of the reasons mentioned in the previous posts which stated that the resistance increases the further you run which is the opposite of what a sprinter wants! This point is from the 2002 forum review!

When my training reaches the point of hours on end each and every day I will not be on the forum has much! I guess this is a good thing; furthermore, when this does happen I think people will appreciate the time off away from me! LOL

I guess in a sense I am becoming a book worm like CT and David W!

You might even see me on the t.v. :wink: :wink: