Casey Combest

Does anyone know what happened to Casey Combest?

Go to trackshark.com. They ride his jock real hard over there! They have a whole thread dedicated to him.

thanks mate!

He ran 7.27 his first meet back. Then ran another meet 6.29,6.27.

He owns his own janitorial company. I think he had a 7 year layoff, maybe longer.

And he is married with kids. Thats all I can remember of the top of my head.

Combest ran 7.05 in the Open 60 in the New Balance Collegiate Classic at the Armory. Nothing spectacular, but not bad for what else he has on his plate.

When was this meet. His first meet back he led the field then pulled up short. I know the second meet he ran really fast as I mentioned above. Was this his third meet. I’ll have to check the results. Thanks.

The one he ran really fast at had suspicious timing. Two other guys in his race ran .2-.3 pbs and haven’t touched them since.

I was just looking at the results, it looks like he ran against a bunch of 6.9+ people.

In the high school times I could only find info for the top 2 kids. The one hasnt been close to that but I could only find one other race. The other kid pr’d from 6.47 to 6.40 at his next race that I could find.

Maybe you have better info as it was only a quick google search, could you fill us in?

Some of the meets where there are mostly unattached runners have some questionable times. Both for and against the runners. At the usatf new englands a while ago, my friend beat stangley egbor (d2 record holder I think) in the dash with a 6.6 for 60m. The official came back and said there is no way he can run that fast. The official not realizing he was talking to a kid with 3 family members in the NFL and a cousin that runs for NIKE.

Still didn’t change anything. I still don’t know what to think.

There was a high school kid in there that pr’d by .3 from the week before and the next week went back to his old times. They both have run fast at that track with that timing system again, but not anywhere else. People at the meet even said that pretty much everyone pr’d by at least .1 or so, but only in the 55.

I believe it could happen with the timing seriously. I have seen it all at track meets.

Yea, I’m just saying there was another highschool kid in that same heat that ran 6.47 then 6.40 a couple weeks later, so the times couldn’t have been off too bad unless he was dogging it a bit.

Either way I agree the amount of fast times that have come from there does raise a few eyebrows.

On another note when looking through this crap I saw where Parsons has run 6.25 and 6.67, not bad for a high schooler.

Did he run it at a different facility?

Either way I agree the amount of fast times that have come from there does raise a few eyebrows.

On another note when looking through this crap I saw where Parsons has run 6.25 and 6.67, not bad for a high schooler.

He ran 10.2 as a freshman or sophomore–basically a freak.

Yup, but o well. I question Combest just like everyone else.

Wow,

I know of this guy. I saw this guy when I was at the 1999 Nike indoor clasic in Ohio. I finished in the final of the 400 meters at the meet.

This guy was a freek all I could see was a skinny white dude flash accross the track as I was warming up in the middle.

On a side note, another guy named Marcell Allmond ( who later turned out to be my roomates brother when I moved away to college) was there at the Nike Classic as well. He broke the record at that meet in the decathlon but is wasnt counted becasue of something to do with the judge. He could have became a Olympic Champion in the decathlon had it not have been for the lure of the NFL.