Carb intake

With regards to something Charlie said about calories in- calories out, which made complete sense, is it possible to have an idea of the calories needed in carbs post aerobic training? This is important at times near big competitions when you are aiming to lean up. I like the idea of mrp drinks providing quality carb replacement, but I wonder if they contain insufficient carbohydrate to replenish muscle gycogen sufficiently to maintain training quality throughout the week and not get unduly fatigued…:borg:

I posted my diet this morning, Uthur.
I spent some time working the Cals etc. Not that it’s perfect, but it might give you a guide and some ideas.
I do know some swear by Biotest Surge.
SS
:cool:

UTH:

even during times when i am trying to peak for comptetion (read that as get to fighting weight) i keep my carbs low throughout the day but i always take full advantage of the glycogen window. right after exercise your body will store all (most) dietary carbs as muscle glycogen, not as body fat. replacing muscle glycogen is one of the most important (if not the most important) factors in the recovery process.

keep in the 50 grams of carbs to 10-25 grams of protein range with NO FAT!!! the fat will slow down the flow of the carbs and thats the last thing you want. surge (2:1 ratio) is my favorite but it can get pricey, endurox R4 is also good (4:1 ratio) and i know clemson recomends GO, but it currently only comes in a ready to drink formula, which has its upsides and downsides.

if you want to make your own, try 2 scoops of gatorade and 1 scoop of whey protein isolate. ive also heard from other forum members that the protein factory does a nice surge knockoff product at a fraction of the price.

for info on during the day nutrition, check out the “nightmare diet” thread in the nutrition section and post any questions here.