calcium supplementation, any benefits for a sprinter?

Any real benefits to supplementing calcium for a sprinter? Higher bone density perhaps? Or is it all one of those things that works on paper and no significant real benefits.

It can help to reduce cramps, when taken along with magnesium.

check out zma as per above comment
also Mauro DiPasquali’s sites and he will educate you about calcium.
blood tests tell you what you need to know and research.
calcium gets leached out of the muscle and bone if there is not enough supply. Everyone is different therefor you need to address your own issues.

It’s great man… I wish listened to Charlie from day one… As far as sups all you need is MMV,protein and Fish oils.

You know, I just kind of blew it off like it’s just a vitamin. But for the past 2 months I have been getting poor sleep and slight muscle spasms so I went and paid 3 bucks for some zinc, magnesium and calcium all in one and took double the dose, and WOW, for the past 2 days I have been sleeping like a baby. Not only that but I just feel the therapeutic effects of it working on my muscles.

I’m DONE with all the over priced supplements.

sorry, but what is mmv? i tried wikipedia but wasnt there…

Hmmm. I think you would get even better results if you separated the zinc and magnesium from the calcium. My understanding is that calcium interferes with the absorption of the other two minerals.

Try taking the calcium in the morning and the zinc/magnesium right before bed.

I have just started supplementing potassium, magnesium and calcium due to muscle cramps in my calves & my strength levels have shot through the roof.

When you have muscle cramps, your body is probably yearning for potassium, magnesium and calcium - the trio of minerals that helps to regulate activity in your nerves and muscles. These simple and accurate steps will help restore the trio minerals in your body, regaining your muscle’s strength and abilities.

on the zma directions it says to not consume calcium for 1:30 at least before taking it

multi mineral vitamin

Will do, that sound about right…

I would avoid any dairy products of any sort an hour before ZMA supplementation. It certainly interferes with uptake as it is competitive with calcium. I love ZMA. Helps me sleep like a rock. Sometimes I feel groggy in morning like I slept too hard. This is unusual as I am very light sleeper normally.