budget camera with a 60FPS option for training ?

There is a solution http://crave.cnet.co.uk/camcorders/should-i-buy-my-camcorder-in-the-us-for-less-49286198/

Most of it would probably be edited anyway (slowed back down to 30fps to get smooth 4x slow motion shots), but for quick analysis at the track it would need to be PAL to work with a laptop of TV etc.

I can see only one problem with it
How do you know what you are recording, NO SCREEN, This camera has been design to compete with GoPro (very successful product)
David G
Ask your coach to have a chat with LCDP manager and maybe you can get that camera or Casio Exilim for free or maybe at least they can refund 50% of it.

The super wide viewing angle means you don’t have to be too precise with the aiming, but you’d have to just do a couple of trial runs to work out the optimum distance to film from. I did wonder if maybe you could use the handlebar mount, but point the camera 90 degrees sideways, and ride next to somebody on the track to get a full slow-mo of the entire run like those track cams you get at big competitions.

What/who is the LCDP manager?

Local Coach Development Program/Plan was design to support coaches, so I have thought that if talk to your coach then he maybe he/she could help you with getting the funding you need. (there is limited amount they can help you with)
I have all the books I have asked for, software to analyse sport performance, etc… So they have helped a lot

I can’t imagine being able to pace a sprinter on a bike… especially at the start.
To get a quality framing you would have to stay parallel with the runner, any wavering movements side to side on the bike, plus added handle bar movements would be exaggerated in the video, all taking away from the quality of the shot even if somehow you were able to pace the runner.

why would you use 60fps then convert to 30???
I use a Panasonic TM700 and everything I shoot that is for review is @ 60fps.
If needed, I then use Kinovea for slow-motion viewing.
Using 30fps shows much less motion/information, and conversion from 60 to 30 not only subtracts information, as stated but also detracts from the quality of the original format.

I would like to use 120fps myself… maybe one day soon a QUALITY 120fps camcorder will be put on the market.

Also, from the Sony website, specs for the Sony cam your talking about:

Video Resolution : 1920×1080/30P (HQ), 1280×720/30P (STD,SLOW,SSLOW), 680×480/30P (VGA)

Not a 60fps cam…

Because if you record at 120fps, and then playback at 120fps, you see the video at the speed it took place. If you record at 120fps, and then play the video at 30fps, you show the same video over 4 times the duration. i.e. 4 x slow motion

FPS (Frames per second) is a measure of frame frequency, not of quality.

“With the latest firmware update, it can shoot 1080P at 60 frames per second. 720p 120fps slow motion mode also available (this requires daylight due to short exposure)”

“With the latest firmware update, it can shoot 1080P at 60 frames per second. 720p 120fps slow motion mode also available (this requires daylight due to short exposure)”

Totally agree with you rich121 in my opinion stable reference points are very important if you really want to analyse your execution (angles, stride length, etc… ) There are quite few high speed cameras unfortunately without FireWire!!!

Also, after reading into it more you can actually view what the camera is recording by streaming it by the built in wifi to a smart phone or tablet, so you don’t need to worry about your subject not being in shot! Definitely going to look at getting one now! lol

Sure as long as you got an access to WiFi (router required) at the track or wherever you go then I don’t see the problem, it doesn’t say anything about WiFi Direct (no router required).
Write a review after purchasing

The WiFi connection is AdHoc (device to device), otherwise it would be pretty useless. You can also use your phone as a remote control instead of touching the camera which could be useful if you’re trying to use it on your own.

Go for it!!!
Don’t forget about writing review