Born again to win again

By Isa Omok
NAIROBI, June 16 Reuters - A Kenyan runner convicted in court of lying about his age to gain a place on the east African country’s junior team made a comeback win today and says he is now a born-again Christian.
Thomas Loriongosiwa won the 5,000m at the Kenyan National Championships in 13 minutes 49.6 seconds after a last-gasp sprint that more experienced rivals Mark Kiptoo and Kiprono Menjo could not match.
It was a big day for the runner, who was charged with forging documents bearing his age to compete with the Kenyan team in the World Junior Championships in Fukuoka, Japan, last August. He finished 13th.
When he was arrested back in Nairobi, police found two passports, one giving his date of birth as January 14, 1982, and the other as May 14, 1988. He was fined $1,500.
I have forgotten all that. Even the Bible says forgive them for they don't know what they are doing. Whether I was framed or was betrayed by a close friend, I don't want to know,'' Loriongosiwa, who says he is now 20, said after today's win. My faith was reinvigorated after that sad incident and I am now a born-again Christian.’’
Loriongosiwa said his coach, former three-time world 3,000m steeplechase champion Moses Kiptanui, had prepared him well.
``I am happy to have won and made the team for the All Africa Games,’’ he said.
Kenya’s championships doubled as trials for the All Africa Games in Algeria between July 11 and 27.

lol. that would make him 26 instead of 19.