Bolt showing uncertaintity of running the relay?

Asked about the 200-metre final, Bolt said: “It will probably be my last race so I’m just going out there and leaving it all on the track and just hope for the best.”

By referring to his “last race,” Bolt raised questions as to whether he intends to compete in the 4x100-metre relay.

“I guess I’m going to run the relay, but this is my last individual race,” Bolt said by way of clarification.

He makes sense.

He is going for 3 gold medals. I do not think he would skip it. Asafa needs him in the team and I think Bolt knows it.

Ya, but I guess question is how much is gonna be left in the tank? A 9.69 + a possible lower 19 second run and obviously running 9 races takes a big toll.

I would not compare Bolt to any other athlete who would (by now) be fatigued after so many rounds, speaking historically or not. This guy is pumped and does not give a shit about his opponents. He is having fun. He is a big kid, still. He is something like Phelps. Phelps will come out in coming days and will say that his body was hurting so much during the games but his mind and goal were driving him to the extent that he must have been feeling like being high or something during the comp. The same thing for Bolt. He knows what he did, and he knows how he did it, and also he knows what effect/impact 9.69sec would have on all of his opponents. Moreover, he is aware what everyone in Beijing and around the world must be thinking or talking about that race. This is more than enough to keep the feeling for a few more days.

My only concern is - recovery. If he gets through the comp. unharmed he should take a few weeks off .

All true.
Though he is competing very soon after Beijings done.