Bolt nixes NFL race

Get a grip!! In a true block start contest ( apples to apples and the only way to get an even start) Bolt would have 3 to 4 meters at 40y on him. take my word for it. I said years ago that Ben was clocked by a scout at 3.7. While comparative to what Ben would have done to anyone in the NFL at that time, it had absolutely nothing to do with Electronic splits in a race. look what Bolt did to the whole world by 40m in Berlin. Nothing else to say really.

My point was the race would be closer then most people think!!

Who are most people? Most people think he has world class speed and can even challenge Bolt… I think that is quite laughable. The guy wasn’t even the fastest football/track guy in his state in high school

And before people even think his 10.38 is legit (there is NWI, so take a guess why it’s much faster than the rest), please look at the results from his senior year: http://fl.milesplit.us/athletes/8143

Give Chris johnson 6-12 weeks to recover from the season and train and im sure it would be much closer then you guys think. Look at all the 10.0 guys in the nfl and none of them has ran faster at 40yds then CJ2k.

We are not talking about 100m, the talk is about <40…

Which guys were in 10.0 shape when they ran their 40s? Nix that, which guys ran 10.0 that are in the NFL and have a 40 from the combine?

Welcome back Charlie! :cool:

Welcome back Charlie!

Can you name all these guys for me, since I don’t know who you are talking about.

Your able, you look them up yourself. Can we give CJ some flex seed oil maybe he could pr in the 100?

But since you seem to think there are several, it suggest you know who they are and can name them for me, rather than me doing a bunch of research.

60 (or 100m) with official timing (FAT). The one and only credible way to compete.

Grass, first movement, hand timing, 40y …he can be the best receiver or anything, but if he wants to be (proclaimed) the fastest….

Welcome back charlie!!

pROBLEM with combine 40 is the manual start…there can be 0,15 of error between different runs.No one underestimates he has plenty of speed and talent, and, If dedicated to track and field, could do well…but Bolt…is Bolt…listen to Charlie who I think has a couple of things to say.
I saw some good track athlete…that hired some speed guru ( shit guru…btw) to shave some tenths…well they ended up slow…with 3 pt stance with front foot on the line…and so on…

Bryan Clay runs a 4.38 (combine style timing) in this video. No practice, on lumpy grass, two-point start with feet crowding the line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvHewtIfEVs

A little bit of practice, on turf, good 3 point start and that time could be a bit faster.

And Clay is a 10.36 guy!

I was more impressed with the standing 43.5" vert.

So Chris Johnson did 4.24.
Let’s compare with sprinters who compete at NFL too.
60m indoors / 100m / 40y NFL scout
Trindon Holliday 6.54 / 10.00 / 4.20
Jeff Demps 6.71 (in 2008, no race this season) / 10.01 / 4.24
Jacoby Ford 6.51 / 10.01 / 4.26

Johnson is as fast at 40y (36.58m) as those guys for standing start. We have no clue whether he has the top speed to reach 60m in the same line as them, and the speed endurance to complete a 100m in 10.0.
Anyway, Holliday and Demps have 3.90 intermediate times at 30m (what Chris Johnson can do provided he knows how to use starting-blocks), but Bolt did 3.78 in Beijing…

No contest for Bolt at any distance from 30m…

Pierrejean, none of those times are from the NFL Combine. The Combine tends to produce slower times than Pro Days or coach reported times as listed above.

I used only one source for the 40y times in order to make fair comparison
http://www.nfldraftscout.com