Bolt!!! 19.93!!!! +1.4

For those of you that havent yet heard!!! 19.93 with no competition!!!

C.F.P.I. Timing & Data - Contractor License
33rd Carifta Games in Bermuda - 4/9/2004 to 4/11/2004
National Sports Centre, Devonshire, Bermuda

Event 35 Boys 200 Meter Dash Under 20

Carifta: C 20.43 4/21/2003 Usain Bolt, JAMAICA
World Junior: W 20.13 2003 Usain Bolt, Jamaica
Name Year Team Finals Wind

Finals
1 Bolt, Usain Jamaica 19.93W 1.4
2 Bailey, Daniel Antigua & Barbuda 21.07 1.4
3 Carter, Nestar Jamaica 21.10 1.4
4 Ifill, Grafton Bahamas 21.14 1.4
5 Mitchell, Jacobi Bahamas 21.30 1.4
6 Gittens, Ramon Barbados 21.48 1.4
7 Yearwood, Kristian Barbados 22.02 1.4
8 Bushay, Casnel St. Vincent 22.11 1.4

FOR FULL CARIFTA RESULTS, GO TO:
http://www.cfpitiming.com/results/index.htm

HOLY SHIT!!! That is fucking incredible! Is he even 18 yet?

Shite !!!

We NEED video!!! I must see this!

Holy is right…that is just amazing! Talent like that comes as often as christ!

Oh My God!

Great to see some new kids coming through doing this stuff, I think the sport needs it!

How is Darrel Brown doing? I can’t remember how he did last year.

This kid is UNREAL i def need to see a vid of him running or something. He tall (6’6) but doesnt have a huge build so im wondering what his turnover and stride length must be like.

incredible

I just hope he doesnt end up like obea moore ( waht a waste he became).

Can’t wait to see him at the Olympics - that’s inspirational!

wind of 1.4 ???

The national stadium (the only stadium) in Bermuda, is at the top of the only “hill” on the island.

In my visits there (July and November) its been more than “1.4” up there…

Incredible & still only 17

He IS incredible. But that was obvious two years ago in Kingston. He is very tall and so slim. And if you see him run - there seems to be a lot of improvement possible. He could be the one to set new WR in 200 and 400, soon.

Is he still living and training in Trelawny (JA) or did he move to the US already??? I hope he gets to train with one of the top trainers. The one positive thing about the place is: there is nothing to distract you from training :wink:

Sprint gold might go to Jamaica (200/400) and Trinidad (100) in the near future…

Anyone have a picture of “Bolt” ?

when he first tied the wjr in the pan juniors last yr i thought it was impossible for a 16yr old to do so! then i told myself wait and see what happensd nxt yr, whether he actually improves or whether his standards drop. but 19.93!! for a 17yr old!!! its stunning. and now i can only imagine darrel running sub 10 at 18 in the olympics. this is just unnatural but gluck to all of them!!!

There are some on the Net - ask Google:

http://images.google.at/images?q=usain%20bolt&hl=de&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

If you want to get an idea where he comes from, have a look at:

http://www.jamaicancaves.org/lillys-jamaica.htm

BTW: There is much to be said about athletics and Jamaica - Almost all kids go to school and almost every schoolkid takes part in Athletics in some way or the other, so if you have talent, it’s very likely you’ll find out.
(With hardly any equipment and terrible tracks!)

In Europe and North America it’s more likely that children carry some extra pounds of overweight due to excessive consumption of fast food and lack basic physical strenght (core eg.) because of the hours and hours spent in front of tv and comp BEFORE they could ever show any talent…

Here’s an article on the fleet-footed, young master Bolt: http://www.iaaf.org/news/kind=2/newsId=24850.html

(There’s another article somewhere on the same page).

In Europe and North America it’s more likely that children carry some extra pounds of overweight due to excessive consumption of fast food and lack basic physical strenght (core eg.) because of the hours and hours spent in front of tv and comp BEFORE they could ever show any talent…

Comparing standouts with the average kid makes no sense. It would make more sense to say that the average kid in Jamaica is more physically adept than the average kid in Europe or North America, but standouts will be standouts anywhere.

True, but that was not my point. The statistical chance that a kid with the genetical potential to be fast in EU or USA/CAN gets much too fat before ever showing it, or does never eveb develop his/her potential because of the hours in front of tv and comp is very high.

If you have a look at physical education at schools you’ll find 40% too fat and another 40% spending more than 12hrs a day on their a$$ before the they are doing anything like athletcs for the first time. So you have to find your talents out of less than 20-30%.

If you have a look at the schools at JA the situation looks completely different - you have a pool of maybe eveb 90% of the kids.

In other words: a potential standout in EU/USA/CAN is very likely never to become a standout in reality because of the circumstances - and the circumstances are ideal in JA or T&T- taht was my point.

It’s not a miracle that Usain and Darrel come from the English speaking Carribean. Mabe the fat boy sitting beside you at the MacDonalds in Oslo could have been a Darrel, if…