Bob Probert

Hockey lost a legendary player Monday. Not many people could thrill fans like Probie. Sad to see a 45 year old die so suddenly. God bless his wife and kids.

Not to bring up a negative but when I heard about BP yesterday my first thought (as I’m sure others did as well) was about his use/abuse and wondering if that played any part in his early passing.

as well Pioneer. I am sure it played a part. He lived life like he played hockey, on the edge. I certainly have a lot of great memories as a Detroiter. Probie, Kocur, and Yzerman brought the Red Wings back from the dead. Sad day for Detroit sports. He was a foil to Charlies boy Tie

2010 is a hell of a year for the sports world as far as the great one’s who are leaving it.

I lived in Kalamazoo MI from 79 to 95 and played hockey from 79-84/85 then picked it up again in 92.

My family being from NY has rendered me a fan of most professional NY sports teams; however, one of my best bros from high school was/is a Detroit fanatic. We played football and hockey together and coincidentally, regarding what Probert was notorious for, our hockey team lead the league in penalty minutes.

Always enjoyed what Probert brought to the game. While the enforcer role is a controversial one there’s no denying the forces to be reckoned with when those guys are on the ice.

RIP

Damn… and this happened yesterday…

James,
The great thing about Probert was how he kinda of made the role of “power” forward in hockey. I forget the year, but he had 29 goals in regular season and 21 pts in the playoffs. Maybe 1988-89?? Hockey was a better sport then because it got all the cheap shots and stick work to a minimum. Like some of the plays such as Ovechkin going knee to knee. Probably would think twice if he thought Probie was coming over the boards on the next shift. Pronger would have had his a** handed to him several dozen times for all the cheap, dirty play he doles out. I miss the days of the enforcers. I love the skill of todays game, just hate all the slashing and cheap crap especially off the puck. I knew you had to have some Michigan in you. Your too easy to like. Haha. Have a good one. RIP #24

Probie was the best!!!

to his memoirs. Supposed to be released within the year. Tells a lot about him on a more personal level. I met Joe Kocur one night and he said Probert was a great guy. A bit of a loose cannon, but a really good guy. It’s sad when you think of his family, his children. God bless them.

He was a very very bad man!!!

A long with kordic - a big man hockey legend!

was a nut too. He was one tough individual. Jaw looked like it was carved for Mt.Rushmore. Haha