Bishop Dolegiewicz dies at 55

Bishop Dolegiewicz dies at 55; strong friend to many

Al Oerter has another friend in Heaven. Zbigniew “Bishop” Dolegiewicz, a two-time Canadian Olympian (1976 discus and 1984 shot) died Tuesday night at the age of 55, according to an email sent to many in the throws community, including masters thrower Tom Fahey. “Sorry for being the bearer of sad news,” the writer said. “I just got off the phone with Rich Marks where he was informed by Jim McGoldrick that Big Bishop Dolegiewicz passed away last night in his sleep. Bish was 55 years old and has been in poor health the past few years. May we all stay in good health.” Our condolences to his family and friends, especially his young thrower wife Anna.

http://www.masterstrack.com/blog/002868.html

I knew he’d had a great deal of circulatory problems since hip surgery a few years ago. Very sad as he was a great guy. Saw him last at Derek’s where he did a seminar with us. In retrospect, I’m so glad we got the chance to do that.

With justice Dubin and now Bishop’s passing it’s been a bad week for nice guys. :frowning:

It makes me reflect on the comment of a friend: “We’re here for a good time, not a long time.”