Binning's Results

Meet: East Dunbartonshire County Sports
Date: 15/06/06
Events: 100, 200m
Place: Grangemouth Stadium (Scotland)
Weather: Sunny, warm, slight wind
Track type: Synthetic

Today I had a County Championships event which featured the Semi-Finals and the Finals. I came fourth over all, setting a new personal best for myself in both the 100m and the 200m. Even though my position was not medal worthy, I was still pleased with my results. The times of each athlete in the final of the 100m were very close. I’m 15 years old and have been doing sprinting for 6 months with a local club. My results are as followed:

Semi Finals

100m:

Position: Second
Time: 12.5 seconds

200m:

Position: Second
Time: 24.6 seconds

Final:

100m:

Position: Fourth
Time: 12.3 seconds

200m:

Position: Fourth
Time: 24.2 seconds

The results of the 100m for the final from first place to last place were; 12.2, 12.2, 12.3, 12.3(Me), 12.5, 12.9, 13.1, 14.0

I would just like to say thank you to the helpful people of the forum, for if it were not for them then I wouldn’t even have made the final, or even have had the confidence to compete at all.

I’ll post more results later on in the year for the Scottish Championship races I compete in.

Nice 200 times man. You ever thought of trying the 400 with that kind of endurance? In my experience 100 times are usually a lot faster hand timed then usual while 200 times are fairly accurate, so looks like you got some good speed endurance. Keep it up bud

I have tried it, but I didn’t enjoy it as much. I would much rather be a good 100m runner. I don’t know why, it just appeals to me. Thanks alot for the support.

The next track meet is the 25th of June. It’s the Scottish Young Athletics Division 1 for my club. For these you don’t win any medals, it’s just to gain points for your club in each race you run, like a team effort sort of thing. So basically, it’s all about dropping my time and getting used to races.

Well done man, some great endurance there like Captain Pain said.

It looks like you can go faster on your 100m time. I heard your best 200m time should only be 2x your 100m time, - 0.2 secs. So You probably can go faster on 100 right now.

Meet: Central & South of Scotland Div.1
Date: 15/06/06
Events: 100, 200m
Place: Grangemouth Stadium (Scotland)
Weather: Sunny, warm, slight wind
Track type: Synthetic

We had a track meet with my local club, and it didn’t go too bad. I’ve changed my training a little to improve me in the long term. However, I’m not sure my coach is too great… Everything I read on the internet opposes what he says, and his training techniques are different aswell. However, here are the results:

100m: B-String:

Position: 2nd
Time: 12.6

200m: B-String:

Position: 2nd
Time: 25.4 seconds

It’s not as good as my last track meet, and I’m not really sure why. I was wondering if one of you could help me and answer me questions instead of just giving me a training article, which I’ve read loads of.

gday im a 15 year old aussie

i run 100m and 200m

as for trainin wise i dont lift weights at all
i do 3 sessions a week one on speed endurence and one on speed work and another on starts and any other small parts of my race need lookin at

i feel this is good for me but i dont know how it would go for another athlete

my pb’s are 11.35 100m and 23.5 200m both electric but i have only recently started running the 200m

Those times are pretty impressive…

What kind of training do you do at your training sessions?

Currently suffereing a minor ankle injury, no races coming soon though. Just doing water sprints and keeping my regular gym work going, indoor season also starts soon, so I’ll be back on form before long.