Ben Johnson

ach come on Shumon,what makes you think that.linford is still in great shape but you’d also be suprised on how slow he got!!

2-3 years after Linford quit he said he reckoned he could still run 10.4. He has obviously slowed since but I reckon sub 11.0

I can go on and on here… at the Masters level, you can still see ex-football players James Lofton & Billy “white shoes” Johnson compete at local and national meets. Same goes for track: Willie Gault (110mH), Brady Crain (1985 USATF 200m Champion) and the return of Willie Banks (TJ)!!!

No Michael Johnson or Carl Lewis, though…

LOL. I like your reference to trainers and coaches.

dr.sprint

Few months ago in one of the crazy japanese TV show, Ben ran 10.89 sec, on the street downtown Tokyo, not in spikes in flats. And all that with only 10 days of training after long break!!!

Ben told me, if they let him run again he could make it near 10.00

Donovan I hate MJ too. I have always wondered what I would run if I had to run down the streets for my life. I propose a street games. Its constestants not world class sprinters, but world class burgerlers. It can be based in newYork city imagaine its contestants jimmy the pursesnatcher, robby the pickpocket, sammy the house burgular. We can run them down the streets of NYC. It sounds like ben might be able to enter… depending on how good his start is after he jumps out of the window with a napsak full of stolen goods.

Nice story.

-dr.sprint

I hope he gets his chance.

Me too.

-dr.sprint

Willie Gault super bowl shuffled to an 11 low last year at the Mt. Sac Relays.

If there’s going to be re-match of Seoul 1988, Ben is gonna kick their asses real bad!!! That’s for sure!!!

It is true that 9.70 in Perth Australia ?
It´s a 100 yards time or 100m ?
Why we never heard about ?
Does anyone saw that race ?

It was a 9.7 hand time in the winter of 1987.