Ben Johnson - Seoul 100m FRONT VIEW SLO-MO

as promised…am uploading the frontal view of Ben’s Seoul 100m in slo mo

uploading NOW…should be viewable in a few minutes from now

http://bubonicfilms.com/flicks/TnF/benfront.WMV

that is crazy awesome. thanks for the upload!

he seems so much more efficient + relaxed than the 2 runners next to him.

Thanx!
That was freakin amazing!!!

I haven’t seen that front angle since 88!!! What other goodies do you have Tarantan??? Would you have Ben’s semi from Seoul where he was called for a false start(very questionable) and then blew away everyone after visibly pausing in the blocks and then letting off at the end and still running 10.03…One of the most amazing races ever run!!!1

Taratan, ty for UL the clip I asked of you, great stuff!! Also, where the heck are you getting all of these clips from?? Are you Ben Johnson?? :smiley: Are you faking and trying to be someone else?? BJ is that you??:wink:

Tarantan,

Unreal.

Thank you for taking your time to post these clips.

If you are ever in Raleigh N.C. e-mail me ahead of time and dinner and beer are all on me.

thanks, TD

:smiley: :smiley:

That’s awesome

Note how active the lead hand is at the start compared to others. The action in real speed is so fast, most people don’t see it. Some people even think Ben threw both hands BACK. Not the case!
In the full upright position, note the hands pumping up towards the centerline to allow the hips to rotate. One group of coaches teaches that the hand should never rise above the shoulder in front. OH REALLY!

Originally posted by Charlie Francis
Note how active the lead hand is at the start compared to others. The action in real speed is so fast, most people don’t see it. Some people even think Ben threw both hands BACK…

Both arms are extremely synchronized in the movement. And triple extension!

Even in slow motion you can see how much faster he is getting during his transition and lift phase.

Absolutely incredible. Look at the frequency and power of each foot strike.

damn!!!

Watch his feet when he hits around 60-70 meters. you think his hips are at full height and then he goes even higher. Looks like he is supported by cables with his legs flying underneath him! Brilliant video!