BCAA's

Can anyone tell me if BCAA’s(Branched Chain Amino Acids) are legal to take. I keep hearing conflicting reports on this subject.

Yes. They are just food.

wig,
do you even know what bcaas are?
FYI.
BRANCED CHAIN AMINO ACIDS…
AND YES as dcw said they are food.

Of course they’re legal. Otherwise all athletes would be vegetarian’s. BCAA’s (leucine, isoleucine, and valine) are essential to completing protein chains. The body cannot utilize an incomplete protein chain, so to prevent incomplete chains, we use BCAA’s.

I may be mistaken but I believe they are technically illegal in Canada

Doubtful, BCAA’s are leucine, iso-leucine, and valine, and there are amino acids (and branch chain amino acids) in protein. Is creatine banned, too? No steak for you!!

Actually I think Rosland may be right. The Canadian government in it’s infinite wisdom has long decreed that many amino acids which have been separated from their whole protein origin [ie free-form amino acids] are in effect drugs and cannot be sold over the counter without a DIN number. The group of amino acids known as BCAA’s have fallen under this category I believe. Arginine and ornithine, for example, have not been available here for years. Alarmist and stupid, isn’t it?

Unbelievably stupid. What’s next, eliminating carbs because dr. atkins said so!

what are the brands of Branched Chain Amino Acids that are sold and are banded.

well my ICE product is a 70/30 bcaa to glutamine product, 1fast400.com is a very good retailer of ours and may have success getting this product into Canada

u went to the website and i did’nt see what youere talking aobut and i stay in USA in california give more detail on the site so i can see what product they are

i went to the website and i did’nt see what you were talking about and i stay in USA in california please can you give more details on the site so i can see what products they are that have BCAA and sorry for the last post i didn’t proof read before sending . i hope you can help me and answer my questions

no problem, here’s a link
http://www.1fast400.com/?manufacturers_id=54