Bay State Games

Ok let’s hear it. who’s competing on the 12th? what events? what can we expect to see?

Are you running both sprints? Good luck guy.

I’ll be interested in seeing how James Bentley does in the scholastic 400!

Gay State Games? They need to upgrade the event.

Nah, the baystate games are solid. Johann has ran it several times, not bad for a meet in the summer.

yes i’m running the 100m and 200m. I think we’ll see some good performances this year if all the qualifiers go. Probably the first time in awhile that there will be a few sub 11’s

We always felt that the BSG was a good way to end the sprint summer season (in addition to ECI) and work for getting an eye catching performance for winter scholastics such as Brown Invitational, Dartmouth, Bishop Loughlin, etc.

just got back from the meet. Bronze in the 100m with an 11.43, Gold in the 200m with a 22.73. The 100m could have been much better, but not a bad 200m. I’ve only been lifting and doing some fly 30’s and 100m’s in practice. Plus i took the past two weeks off completely. Not a bad way to end the summer.

Originally posted by 55mKenteris
just got back from the meet. Bronze in the 100m with an 11.43, Gold in the 200m with a 22.73. The 100m could have been much better, but not a bad 200m…

How was that wind on the homestretch!

By the way, there are 3 more meets remaining in the Boston Summer Series at Moakley Park.

it was slightly a cross wind i think. In our faces for the start of the 200m. If anyone finds out the wind at the meet during the 100m and 200m please let me know. All i know is that i died the last 100m, due to lack of training. I had a big lead after 100m, and the entire field came back on me. I probably went 11.1/11.6 for splits.

it was slightly a cross wind i think. In our faces for the start of the 200m. If anyone finds out the wind at the meet during the 100m and 200m please let me know…

This is interesting. When the requests came out for officiating assignments, I requested to operate the wind guage. We (Sport Village) own a compliant wind guage system that we use for meets outside of MA.

I was told that, as in MA state HS meets, “we don’t use them”. Not even the relevant (division, all-state, etc) ones. The reasons explained still don’t carry any weight.

C’est la vie!

what’s this summer series in Boston about. Is it any good.

what’s this summer series in Boston about. Is it any good.

I recommended it to some of our athletes for testing purposes. If you go to the Coolrunning.com website and select race results, you will see results from the previous 2 meets.

The next meets are scheduled for 7/31, 8/14 and 8/21. Adult events begin at 7:30p.

only the youth results are posted?

only the youth results are posted?

Go to the results of June 26th. You can also contact USATF-New England (617-566-7600) to get an idea of participation.

As I mentioned before, we use meets like this for time trials - whether there are other athletes in the events or not. The intent is to work on specific aspects of the event and get a change of work environment.

Also on Dyestat.com, their message board (Talk) has a subgroup (East - New England) that NE athletes use for conversation like this. There may be some recent discussion on the meet as well as BSG.

thanks for the info

still looks like they only have youth results, but I heard there are meets up in Lowell on wednesday’s i think. Do you anything about them.

No. I did see some flyer for it. A bit too far for us.