Athletics Photo Award

Athletics photo voted Austrian Photograph of the Year Print E-mail
25 May 2007
Sport Media Austria - Austria’s Largest Sports Journalist Union have announced Helmut Ploberger has won the Sports Photographer of year for his image of Sweden’s Carolina Kluft.

Each year the Union invites member of Austria’s journalistic world (non-union members also eligible) to submit pieces of their work in the form of Photography, Print, Television or Internet for scrutiny under its world class panel of judges.

The only stipulation is that the work must have been produced or published between the period April 2006 - April 2007.

Ploberger captured a magnificent shot of the Olympic, World and European Champion in action in the Long Jump.

Commenting on his photograph, Ploberger said: “I almost always manage to take a different standpoint from the other photographers, as this is the only way I can ensure that my pictures are unique.”

http://www.european-athletics.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5189&Itemid=2

Great photograph, it’s not clear if she is competing in long jump or just jumping in the air for celebration!

Yeah, I noticed the pit is missing… But all this effort for celebration? :stuck_out_tongue: