Athlete not improving - some advice please

seems like a lot of speed work.Could drop to 2x3x 30m 4-5mins rec and 1 x 60-80m.
also the SE work could have more recovery betwen sets , about 15mins.
just my 2 cents worth.

I agree, the short speed days look too much esp for a female.

Interesting, I would have thought that even at that level concentrating on 30m would be a bit too short, how would you progress this ?

Also, would 15 mins recovery not be too long bearing in mind at her level the CNS output will not be very high.

Thanks for the comments guys. :cool:

Any thoughts Charlie or TC ?

[QUOTE=PhilG;230384]Interesting, I would have thought that even at that level concentrating on 30m would be a bit too short, how would you progress this ?

Also, would 15 mins recovery not be too long bearing in mind at her level the CNS output will not be very high.

Progression could be out to 2 x 80m after the 30s,however real progression is through the increase in speed/ intensity of the workout.

one way to increase cns output is to increase the recovery.

[quote="“grooster”]

Good points Grooster, the recoveries will get longer as it get towards the track season. I would have thought that for the speed session that work up to 8 secs (60m) would have been more appropriate, or do you feel that more work on the right side of the curve be done for this level of athlete.

there is plenty of work through the 60m range with the 2 x 60 -80m runs and then the SE sessions.

Cheers Grooster, anything to add anyone ?