Assessing who is the fastest human with a speedo

What do people think about having another contest which awards the first prize (and the title of the world’s fastest human), not to the athlete who crosses the finish line first in a sprint, but to the one who reaches the highest top speed?
Or, does the winner of the 100m always hit a higher top speed than his competition? I know it wouldn’t bring out many spectators for something like this, but don’t you think that the title of the world’s fastest human should be awarded to the athlete who hits the highest top speed?

No i don’t think the Worlds Fastest Man should be the one who reaches the fastes top end speed.

Because i don’t!

And because it is just stupid!

sorry man

Originally posted by MR SHUMON COOL
No i don’t think the Worlds Fastest Man should be the one who reaches the fastes top end speed.

Because i don’t!

And because it is just stupid!

sorry man

dont knock him down in flames buddy :frowning:

its an ok idea.
was it ben that hit the highest terminal velocity?

No the winner does not always hit a higher top speed… Remember max velocity can not be maintained more than 2 seconds. It is all about who decelerates the least.

I hear what your saying, but perhaps there’s more to it than that…

Speed is a very primal thing and if we look at why speed is such a reveered(spelling?) attribute, then we’d have to realize that acceleration is as much an attribute as peak velocity. An animal runs away from another animal. If the animal can reach a top end speed of 50m.p.h but takes half an hour to reach it then it’s dinner. If an aeroplane took 6 hours to reach 600m.p.h then you wouldn’t step on it. Similarly, if an animal could accelerate super quick but the acceleration shut down after 1 second it would probably be dinner…
Remnember, speed is a very primal thing and acceleration and top speed are about as important, and as electrifying as each other.

I just get worried when the animals start writing columns for the daily telegraph!!! :help:

Watch out for when the animals start controlling the internet. Then the machines… Double:help::help:

I used to wear only a pair of speedos when I ran, but I’m sure there have been faster times run with speedos.

I’m a dog.
You better watch out.

Originally posted by David
I used to wear only a pair of speedos when I ran, but I’m sure there have been faster times run with speedos.

:smiley: :smiley:

I don’t know but is it you in that picture.

I think it was Donavon Bailey (the master who reached the fastest top end speed.

Mr Cool
How about looking at the film of Ben in Zurich 1986- then look at the film of Atlanta 96 and tell us who’s moving faster in the top speed phase. There were no official splits in Atlanta and so these claims are unsupported. The fastest split by him, where they were available shows .84.