asafa january 2013 training

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M1vzlw_1rI
www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtVyJs0wzao

Dude could still handle the vulgar forces it seems only he could put into the track from the start by: 1. The extreme foot spacing he uses in a 3 or 4 point start and…2. The low heel recovery he could keep after achieving such long initial accel strides

The 2nd video is unavailable, but the first video is a very good sign to me he’s still got his acceleration. If he can get back to his top speed of 2008 he’ll still be a big threat.

The 2nd video is now functioning…so regarding asafas injury from the olympic finals…did it heal on its own, since i remember reading it was near impossible to operate on based in the insertion point …would they use the ‘low level laser therapy’ to treat it, the one that has a range of 4 inch depth to assist the healing

His groin had been injured since at least the Jamaican trials where he led both Bolt/Blake through the first 60m or so before visibly easing up. I suspect we won’t know how well it healed until he gets in better shape and is hitting higher speeds. I also think he stumble in London aggravated the groin.

Is the one with the white shirt I suppose…I’d never realize it was Asafa

Even after seeing those initial strides?

:slight_smile: You never know how many great sprinters are there in Jamaica:)
The stride…yes, but still cannot recognize him ( except when he runs)

Asafas first race debut…already back at start of february…the local meets and their 4x100m staple… www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVvwx3ctQz4

…the accel was good(on the bend and out of it)…and the flowing high kneeish bounding max velocity is coming back…a nice seemingly non-injury run

Looks like i spoke too soon regarding extreme foot spacing into acceleration…enter terrell sinkfield(wide receiver from northern iowa)…done a 4.19 40 yard dash…initially its as if he’s bounding out of the 3 point, where you could see it visually(the long striding/bounding out of extreme foot spacing) moreso on run #2
www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRkYJwD_910

I read somewhere that this guy was a 10.8 sprinter. if you watch the last few strides of that 40 you can see him laboring. Im willing to bet he Leonard Scott’s everybody out the gate then gets the bizness the last 20 of the race after the entire field catches him.

So running like that maybe good for a 40, but what happens after.

Yea id believe that… also once you’ve adopted a style as such(extreme foot spacing and longer bounding strides), can you go back to shorter faster ‘less taxing’ initial accel strides and still match your fastest splits(accel splits i.e. 10,20,30,40m)

It wasn’t a 4.1.

Find some early Olivia Tauro videos. We were doing this stuff 15 years ago.

I have found early Jacquie Munroe tapes. Gianna Mogentale a masters athlete uses this start, several have tried to change it but no one beats her at the start.

Asafa uses up way too much fuel in the start.

Its strange regarding his starts, as he seems to use this style of extreme foot spacing at all distances…i mean, even in the 300m time trials his club does, he’ll use it…
www.youtube.com/watch?v=bACUl96_zc6

It’s hard to be critical of his start, but he continually gets run down late and it’s not related to SE.

More to do with his execution over the last 30

If you count the strides in the first video, they’re
at a 0.25second frequency up until that peg/stake/post at what looks to be 30m. Also he’s there at basically 15strides(foot contacts) or 16 strides(knee raises). And then using knee raises
as counting, and calculating its 0.25 second
frequency.

Then in the 2nd video he’s still using the 0.25 second frequency for the 1st 7strides(knees raised), and then he goes into almost 0.20second frequency for strides 7-12 and gets to the 30m(id guess) at stride 16.5(knee raises).

im not convinced this footage is of Asafa in training. In the first video it looks like the person on the left has braids. Just watching the movements also doesnt look like Asafa…i’ve studied hours of Asafa footage and neither look like him. What are others thoughts on this?