Asafa: "I'm going well"

KINGSTON; Jamaica – Asafa Powell, former world 100m record holder, is anxiously awaiting the clashes between Usain Bolt, Tyson Gay and himself this season.

The three, Bolt, Powell, and Gay are the fastest three men of all time, and according to their IAAF Diamond League agreements, they must meet at least three times this season.

“Those are the races, the clashes between Usain, Tyson and myself, those are going to be the major races for the year so I am patiently waiting for those races,” said Powell in his IAAF online diary on Wednesday. “… I know everyone is waiting to see those clashes and they should be pretty exciting,” he added.

“Everything is going smooth so far and I am waiting on the first competition, which is Doha on May 14 (to come up) to see where I am at this stage.

“The good thing, (since the start of 2010) is that everything has been going well, little problems here and there, but nothing major. This year is the first in a very long time I have not had any injury setback and that is a positive sign. Now I am a lot stronger.

Powell broke the 100m world record three times, starting at 9.77 with the last 9.74, before Bolt lowered it to 9.72 then took it to 9.58. Gay with his 9.69 last season, is the second fastest over the distance.