Arnold Schwarzenegger's Diet (?)

I’m sure this is pretty prehistorical in terms of scientific-based knowledge, but this is what Arnold gives as his “Level 1” eating plan for people trying to build muscle from the New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding. My question is, how would you rate this in terms of effectiveness???

Breakfast:
2 eggs, preferably poached, but any style okay
1/4 pound meat, fish, or fowl
8 ounces whole milk
1 slice whole grain toast with butter

(protein = approx. 52 grams)

Lunch:
1/4 pound meat, fish, fowl, or cheese
1 or 2 slices of whole grain bread
8 ounces whole milk or fresh juice

(protein = approx. 43 grams)

Dinner:
1/2 pound meat, fish, or fowl
Baked potato with butter or sour cream
Large raw salad
8 ounces whole milk

(protein = approx. 48 grams)

Does this seem remotely effective? Would it be a viable alternative for someone who struggles with the 6 small meals a day plan? I’m sure some small variations can (should) be made, but overall is this a horrible way to eat to gain?

Thats only 143 grams of protein. You need at least a gram per pound of bodyweight more like 1.2-1.5 to build muscle.

I remember in “Pumping Iron” Arnold said he doesnt drink Milk because Milk is for babies He drinks Beer.

Well, first of all, I weigh 130, but anyway, I would of course be supplementing this with a protein shake or two at least.

But my main concern is, does this general guideline seem even worth it?

And he even smokes a cigarette in the Video - it’s full of foolishness and more for fun than training facts.

The diet seems quite ok, if you have a prot. shakes between meals with 25g prot each.
But some people don’t like to eat so much meat nowadays.

BTW I do not believe that Mo lives on one meal a day and just Protein shakes like posted in some thread on Mo’s training.

Personally, I love eating meat, and can/will eat it whenever I do get the chance.

My only fear here is adding too much body fat on this diet. Other than that, I kinda wanna try it out.

You should make the following changes for optimal recomposition bro. Under no circumstances is a 100% whole food diet optimal for muscle gain.

Breakfast:
2 eggs, preferably poached, but any style okay
1/4 pound meat, fish, or fowl
8 ounces whole milk
1 slice whole grain toast with butter

(protein = approx. 52 grams)

Replace the milk and eggs with cold filtered hydrolyzed whey protein HFM. Those bros over there are really cool. Since you’ll be arising and waking up from a long fast your body is catabolic. You’ll want to use whey since it’s absorbed quicker and will spark amino acid transfer…quickly providing an optimal state of anabolism

Lunch:
1/4 pound meat, fish, fowl, or cheese
1 or 2 slices of whole grain bread
8 ounces whole milk or fresh juice

(protein = approx. 43 grams)

Replace the protein source with 100% micellar casein. Since your workout will be in between lunch and dinner you want to provide a slow and steady protein source for continous amino acid release to prevent the catabolic effects of your workout from eating up your muscles.

Prior to your workout use 7 drops of BSFs patented “EXPLODE” under your tongue to promote optimal anabolic drive along with 2 servings of BSFs patented buffer “ALKALIZE”, designed to avoid the negative effects of acidosis and keep you 100% strong for hours and hours and hours. The first time I used it I could use the same weight for my 6th set of bench as I did on my 2nd!!

Dinner:
1/2 pound meat, fish, or fowl
Baked potato with butter or sour cream
Large raw salad
8 ounces whole milk

(protein = approx. 48 grams)

Prior to dinner and after your workout use BSFs postworkout recovery formulation consisting of 100% hydrolyzed whey protein and 100% pharmaceutical grade dextrose. If you choose to use another brand make sure you check that it is manufactured using state of the art molecular distillation processes.

Just before going to bed mix up 8 ounces of cottage cheese with another serving of BSF 100% micellar casein. A slow releasing protein source just before bed is absolutely essential to avoid the nighttime effects of increased protein catabolism. Also I was talking to Guru B. Lee and he said that according to data he has in his lab you should expect at least a 300% increase in protein synthesis with this formulation.

Other supplements: In between each meal use 6 of BSFs digestive enzyme supplements consisting of their patented “catabolic defense” ultrascopic live organisms.

Just prior to each meal use 500 mg R-ALA combined with 3 of BSF’s patented acetic acid capsules.

Before and after your workout use 10 grams of BSF’s patented creatine forumulation “Dycreatinenanitrate” proven to be 20x more effective then regular creatine.

Just before bedtime consume 3 of BSF’s nighttime recovery OPTI-ZM capsules with your before bed protein shake.

Alright bro that oughta get you off to a good start. For an introductory 30% discount on the “starter package”, which would cover all your basic supplement needs contact me at 1-800-Make-Me-Huge and I’ll hook you up.

:rolleyes: