achilles tendonitis and scar tissue

Sounds like you are training your aerobic system for one side of the equation only (to support the output,but not to recover from it). But this may well be a different discussion altogether!

No adjustment, no tempo, no day off…so what do we do then?

Train every day,sending the right information over and over,and making sure:

1. neurologically, the system learns how to recover from it (muscle re-lengthening at muscular lever,which allows for proper CNS “recovery” and organism restoration)
  2. biologically, and from an energy systems point of view,to adequately train the recovery pathways ,not only the output ones.

These are only two options which come to my mind,just to answer your question.I am sure we could think and discuss of many more available options. Thinking of training rigidly and only in terms of constructs that may well prove themselves meaningless in the future such as those you mention above seems quite limited to me anyway.

I think you must have mis-read my post?
To make a long post short -
I train the system to handle the loads I present it with.
One part of the system can handle perhaps 140-160km/wk
But, half the system cannot
So - it’s a balanced act between training it enough to get a Fitness response, but the system Must recover from day to day.
A lot goes into, how to achieve this Recovery in the sessions.

What i don’t do
Is train my ass off, then purely do outside influences to recover from the said training.

The Training must recover itself

However - If one can do 20% more volume by implementing Other aspects of recovery, and still be recovered - then who is going to Win?
the doing xx amount within their means, or the one doing 20% within their means by adding in extra items that allow for extra recovery (all else being equal)

However, if one just Add’s in 20% more volume - without the Aids, then recovery will suffer, and you’re just training yourself into a hole, or injury etc.
With proper training, in maybe 6months time, I could do the 20% more volume anyways? And still be a positive environment

How this applies to this thread?
You need to find ways you’re training is causing issues. Or life is?
There are ways to make the volume, or intensity you’re doing right now more manageable and hence create less issues. And there are ways in your training that “may” need adjusting to create less issues. The trick is finding the Cause of the issues (volume, intensity, shoes, clothing, stress, technical, mechanical etc) and fixing it from there.