Acceleration Mechanics

Keep it simple. If you are thinking too much about these cues, it is a recipe for disaster. If young kids are taught how to run properly, it all comes natural. Unfortunately, we have so many athletes who have never been taught to run properly and we have to tell them to push, step over, lift, etc.

A while back, I asked Charlie what he thought about these elaborate race models that were being presented. His reply was, “What did Ben say? When the gun go, the race be over…” Then he sarcastically broke into a comedy routine… “I am now entering the step-over phase, now what…?”

Lol I understand completely…Too much thinking can cause negative effects…A race so short gives you limited time to think…I will just thing slow to quick and post a video to get feedback :slight_smile:

I had a discussion with a fellow coach, also a friend, because one his athletes was 3 or 4 metres behind his competition at 40 m and he would explode. I told him, the coach, to stop giving them too much to think about and tell them to run when the gun goes. Didn’t listen and I keep telling him.

wow that is crazy

Someone may have already mentioned this but I was just reading through CFTS and saw the phrase “Wait for it”. Simple and perfect cue/thought for the majority of the race if not all of it.

I am mostly a youth coach, and I’ve found ‘be powerful at the start’ works well for my girls, and they are fine after that.

So, in a way, you are “empowering” women…

I’m just going to try to be powerful at the start to build momentum@rainy and I will wait for my ground contact time to decrease not decrease my ground contact time to speed up(placing the cart before the horse)@1400

Well - girls. :slight_smile:

I wish I could empower them not to participate in long, major soccer tournaments in the week before provincials.

lol hahaha!