A Week with Charlie Francis

Exactly my point - you have to make big decisions and make big efforts to succeed.

The people who have regrets are the ones who never made those hard calls …

lol. niave, bumming, lol not even going there. use ur own words, talk is cheap.

Exactly - Talk is cheap.

This is what I’m saying - its harder to get up and go to seminars and do internships and meet people.

Eric Cressey had a great article about this a while ago (I think Alwyn Cosgrave did too) - get up and just go.

One of the best coaches I know will every year go to see at least 2 sometimes 3 different experts or coaches to keep learning and keep himself on top of his chosen domain … this is what succeeding is all about.

ur comments on this thread is very stupid, bc there are many athletes on this forum that train very hard and if they could would pay to work with cf but cant afford, so u cant make such comments. shit since you are soo great why not u train them for free??

What are you on? Why should anyone train people for free, me, your high school coach or Charlie?

My problem is when people like you come on to a free site, where Charlie is so generous with his help and time and you bitch about people paying him money for internships on his site?

That’s just low & disrespectful to Charlie

Wise up

Surely, UT, you can understand though why strength coaches (and s&c programs) have a problem with their perceived value. Because they work so cheap!! I hate the fact that it’s unpaid this, unpaid that, but I’ve got stability. To me, if you put the same time investment in the private sector (charging for every damn second), you can double your income and dictate your value all on the same time investment. If your coach who helps for free charged even $10/athlete more than he does now, by the end of the year (assuming 3 meetings/week extra/athlete revisiting, 3 athletes extra/week) that’s an extra 4 grand/year! And those are very conservative numbers.

Some of the best coaches I’ve ever talked to were expensive (and valuable) and were very straightforward about value. And sometimes when you aren’t paying, you don’t appreciate it as much.

If anyone wants to work for free, do it!! But don’t hate the man who understands his personal value and contribution and who charges fairly for it.

lol. yes cf does a great job helping people on this site but at the same time most of us purchase his great products so both parties win. shit im not bitching about his internship cost bc i would weather pay cf that amount before paying mark verstegen bc i feel like i would get more. so plz tell me how i am being disrepectful, im just trying to represent the masses, which is most people on the forum cant afford-its simple. for example hope this person dont mind, but Davan trains very hard and wants to be the best athlete he can be and im pretty sure if he could he would love to work with cf but cant afford it.

me personally cannot wait for the australian seminars where i get 3 weeks with charlie…

ps - charlie i dont want to see ear plugs in your luggage.

shit every sec i get to speak to coach anderson i value it bc i know hes one of the best in his field, thats why he continue to help me, its funny bc the times i didnt listen - guess what happen? i did shitty. lol

There’s a bell curve in our profession (and virtually all) where there’s some that get it, some who don’t, and everyone else in between. UT, how many people do you know who don’t understand coach anderson’s value?

As an aside, go to this guy’s page (on myspace) and watch the carl lewis music video. I just came across it randomly, but it’s hilarious and should provide some well-deserved humor to this thread:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=74615799

At first I thought it was some kind’ve short documentary, but then he started singing (and the hilariousness ensues)!!

1. This has got nothing to do with being able to afford whatever it costs.

2. No man ever got rich on a few DVDs, I’m sure Charlie isn’t rolling in it from a few DVD’s.

3. You said that you wouldn’t pay that (2-3K) to be trained by Charlie - on his site … thats disrespectful.

you are right, at this stage in my career NO. it does not matter if hes getting rich on dvd’s, the people here are buying them bc they think hes a great teacher and thats all they can afford. i have spoken to people on here who claim thats why they dont buy kelly b stuff bc its too expensive compare to cf.

If someone can’t afford it, that’s fine. Take what you can from this forum for free and regard yourself lucky for Charlie’s effort, time, generosity.

Being allowed to visit his “home” and accuse his time and knowledge on a personal basis as “expensive”, that shows lack of character -at least!

another thing i would like to point out, most of the athletes i work with cant even get 3 meals per day, so how would that look for us to try and send them to cf. our owner give grants so many of the area top athletes can come train with us, these are inner city kids - it wouldnt be fair.

It may have not been tactful, but it really doesn’t say anything about character. I think 95+% of my peers (the others get grants or scholarships) pay too much to go to the school we go to. It is damn expensive and I wouldn’t ever be able to pay full price–therefore I will tell people any day that it is expensive. I don’t think me saying that shows a lack of character, despite it being among the best around (just like CF). Hell, it’s been said to administration many times and some of them agree!

boy u r being nice. lol

But you do take the point Davan, about how Charlie has a right to charge what he feels he is worth, and without people who get plenty of info from here for free should probably not say things like ‘that’s too much’ in front of him?

(Sorry - maybe I’m old and old-fashioned)

Especially when I know that for a fact Poliquin charges at least $4,500 for a week.

Of course he can charge whatever he wants. As I said, it probably wasn’t a tactful thing to say (from UT), but it is the truth for a majority of the athletes out there. Coaches, maybe not, but athletes, definitely.

Especially when I know that for a fact Poliquin charges at least $4,500 for a week.
Don’t even bring Poliquin into this… guy is a loon

Agreed - (though for some athletes it might be a wise investment) … yes coaches ideally …

:smiley:
Well loon or not - he’s a very intelligent guy - but a great business man.

600 USD an hour consultation!

Now - whether he’s worth 600 an hour who knows - if you need to get the info and you want to pay it - he’s certainly worth it.

On that scale then whatever Charlie charges is worth it IMO!

If you aren’t at the edge of being an elite athlete or elite athlete (and being paid for such), I really don’t see how you could justify it if you don’t have mega bucks in the bank (ie hedge fund manager). If someone can explain how the majority of folks here (college and high school athletes) can afford to do that, I would be very interested.

:smiley:
Well loon or not - he’s a very intelligent guy - but a great business man.
L. Ron Hubbard was one too and Scientology is a great business. Doesn’t mean it is worth it for the buyer.