5x5 in the Max phase

I dont now how many kilograms of muscle you have,but you are new…5 months are nothing,you not have training age and for you 5x3 its not very good idea,the chance of injury is to high,and dont do many 100% lifts,only 2 set.The new not have good technic for lifting.Do 1x12(80%),1x10(80%),1x8(85%),1x4(90%),1x4(100%),you need to build good technic,if you not have good technic injury is to close,and when you do this you make do sets with 1-3 reps on 100%,for now you do 4-5 reps,3sets max in the max phase and not all 100%,only last 1 or 2 sets(warm good before any exercise)…the other gays here in the forum make you tell something new,read and see what is better for you and dont afraid to do experiment try something new…peace:cool:

Originally posted by monson
For me strenght its not= the muscle size,muscle size its not important for muscle strenght.For me they are diferent,when you training whith weight for 1-3 reps you training CNS and this muscle fibres for strenght not for muscle size,some bodybuilders just pumped weights and do 15 reps,they have big muscle but not to much strenght,Charlie is expert and make tell something interesting for this!

No I think u misunderstood me. There comes a certain point in a person’s training career where they will be as strong as they are gonna get at a specific bodyweight. At that point the only options are to stay at that same bodyweight and strength, or put on some more muscle through a hypertrophy phase and retrain your CNS at your new body weight

You are right!!Now i have a my problem with body weight,i do big muscles and i want do something. I build muscles and strenght but i dont now how to rebuild it?I am 186sm,94-95kg want to do 88-89kg.I stop lift the weights and i see what hapening,mayby i loose strenght but its not problem.

Im confused? are u saying u have hit a wall? or that u are trying to lose 5kg and increase ur strength.

Yes i want to loose 5 kg of my muscles,the strenght dosnt matter…i have to much muscles and want to loose this 5 kg and i have strenght i do 150kg bench,its not problem to loose little strenght.I not feel good when i run with 95kg!!

id say run until ur body burns some of the muscle off and then from there dedicate urself to CNS training and ull keep that weight off and continue to build strength. Also lower ur caloric intake

You mean i do sets with 3-4reps no more or what?And i run on track and i need of calories,how to recover my body only with protein?

i do mean stick to sets in the low rep range, but the only way u are going to shed muscle weight is to not to give ur body what it needs to maintain that muscle

By the way, if I do Clean Pulls on Monday, will they interfer with doing Chins or Rows on Tuesday?

I’m gonna lift lower body and upperbody twice per week during GPP. Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri with Wed as Tempo.

Any critque on my upper body days? As I said before, need to add some mass to my whole body.

1. Benchpress 3x10
  2. DB row 3x10
  3. Arm Circuit x 2:
    a) 10 Bicep Curls
    b) 10 Triceps Extensions
  4. Abs Circuit x 2:
    a) 15 Med ball Reverse crunches
    b) 25 Sprinter Situps
    c) 20 Med ball Seated rotated twist
    d) 25 Toe Touches
  5. Tempo 20sek@65-75%, 30sek rest x 8 on bike

The abs workout is good but the other exercises are not so good I thing.The only power exercise who build strenght and mass for upper boddy in your program is bench press.I thing you must do other exercises who build mass and strenght for upper body i mean-clean,snatch(for this 2 exercises you need a good technic and good warm up),millitary press or some showder press,chins or lat pull down,lower back extensions(this you make do with abs in superrsets)and then if you want do exercises for biceps and triceps(standing barbell curl is heavy exercise and for triceps some exercise with barbell-french press or cabell,or bench press for triceps)but the arms are not very important I thing.You dont need of big arms…this is it…try if you want but do first heavy exercise and then others…1-snatch,2-bench press,3-millitary press, and then the arms exercise and if you want do one day snatch the second day do clean!!!

Yes man I try to do a good diet I start with 95-96kg,after the diet 90,but then finish the diet and I am again 95kg and i nave a good definition,low body fat…I have 95kg good muscle and for me only way is to stop muscle hipertrofy.the training with 3reps is not good for me because any lifting pumped my muscles dosnt matter how many reps I do…I lifting weights for 10 years and not so easy to stop hipertrofy…

Okey, but I forget to mention that the other day of upper body I do Benchpress and Chin-ups instead of rows, and on the Lower Body days I do Clean Pulls (Power Clean without catch phase from hang position). That hits the shoulders as well so I thought I wouldn’t wanna drain the shoulders with 4 days per week. But you still think I need more shoulder exercises on upper body days?

I thing yes!You need to training showders with one exercise in one of the two upper days,you make use millitary press or some form of press for showders!

Okey :slight_smile: What are your thoughts on this routine:

Tuesday / Thursday

1. Benchpress 3x10
  2. Chins x 6,5,4 / DB Rows 3x10 (different days)
  3. Circuit x 2:
    a) 15 Med ball Reverse crunches
    b) 10 Biceps Curls
    c) 25 Sprinter Situps
    d) 20 Med ball Seated rotated twist
    e) 10 Triceps Extension
    f) 25 Toe Touches
    g) 10 DB Military Press
  4. Tempo

I’d recommend either dropping the direct arm work or at least putting at the end of the circuit. If you do enough effective multi-joint/compound exercises, there is likely little to no need for isolation movements unless at the end of the circuit. No sense, IMHO, doing a multi joint exercise like a mil. press(even if just with dumbbells) after doing a biceps exercis and later a triceps exercise.

Okey, then maybe just skip it then and let the others stay still in the circuit, and move DB Military Press in to the middle of it.

In the SPP can I do a circuit every 1-2 of training days (2 out 3 days if I train 3, and 1 out of 2 if I train 2) to keep strength levels (other than the 3-4 main lifts)? Including stuff like upright rows, db military press, ab work, chin-ups in this SPP circuit…

You probably could but would it be best? I would think not since if there is enough intensity and sufficient volume to develop strength and power levels it might lead to an over-trained state.

I would think the circuits would better serve development done more in the gpp and not as much in the spp though I know some programs will do so.

3-4 major lifts should provide plenty of stimulus to promote strength gains.

If done correctly you shouldn’t have any issues with the weight lifting circuits in SPP… Be Smart!!!

Originally posted by Pioneer
You probably could but would it be best? I would think not since if there is enough intensity and sufficient volume to develop strength and power levels it might lead to an over-trained state.

I would think the circuits would better serve development done more in the gpp and not as much in the spp though I know some programs will do so.

3-4 major lifts should provide plenty of stimulus to promote strength gains

I completely agree with pioneer, once you are done with your gpp and move onto a max strength phase, almost all of the “special exercises” should be dropped and the only things that should be kept are 2 major lifts (bench and squat) and maybe one more multi-joint lift for your upper and lower body (rows/pulldowns, SLD/hypers). The idea here is to dedicate all your resources and CNS to strength. Once the muscle is there, you no longer need the curls, tricep extensions, and other specific exercises to build strength, they will only waste your energy and hold you back