3x week routine

I am a busy father but am looking for a comprehensive 3x a week weight training routine. I simply want to get stronger and faster. Diet will have to take care of fat loss. I pretty much just have the basics at home in a power rack, bench, chin up bar. Any help is appreciated. One goal is to be able to dunk again.

Have a read of this for some ideas alternatively there is Joe Kenn’s Tier System which is an excellent weights template which you can work with.

I second Kenn’s Tier System. I have only been following it for about a month but love the results so far.

Thanks, I like Bagget. He breaks down some complex stuff for people who don’t have time to read for hours (DB Hammer). I will check out The Tier System too. I just need a fresh start.

I agrre with your vote for Baggett. I’ve read Kenn’s book and Baggett’s stuff. No contest for a short sprinter or jumper/leaper IMO.

Expect a speed improvement manual shortly from Kelly.

I love all his stuff. I’ve learned a lot from his vertical bible. I can’t wait for that speed one!

Any mats etc? If you want to get done in a real hurry. Have a look at the Med ball DVD. If you can’t get a partner, you can use a concrete wall to rebound the ball.
You can also use MB as a GPP and Weights for an SPP. The duration of each phase depends on your current general level of fitness.

One of those little aerobic trampolines is use full to rebound the ball if the tramp is rested against the wall, with the rebound surface facing you.