30m sprint, please critique

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I2R4JWLL

i know the camera quaility is fairly off but it was basically done in my backyard, with my younger brother.

what do i need to work on?

(btw, there is no actual real track surface to train on within 100km)

I’m no expert, but what I see is your right arm crossing to far in front of your body, causing you to overstride.

If this is a cause or an effect I don’t now. Hopefully someone will be able to shed more light on this.

I have seen a 5’9 190lb olympic weightlifter run 60m in 6.97 with the worst form in the history of the sport.

A poor angle accelerating and loss of hip height when you break contact are indicators of a strength deficit. Run hills and lift weights my friend… Job done.

Seanjos

yeah, some kid in 8th grade runs a 12.37 and he is the bulkiest, crappiest runner ive ever seen. I might have to post a video of him sometimes. its hilarious

i was wondering if people can tell me what areas need to be improved?

such as

should my comes come out in front as much as they do, should they be flaring out backwards?

is contact with the ground with my feet right?

i know my twisted knees are a real problem, i am fixing that

is my posture right?

is my driving of the mark correct? remember that was from a standing start as i could not do a crouch at the time

any help there would be good thanks

Well your technique isn’t good, but that is to be expected. You probably do have some strength deficets as someone else mentioned. Go to a physio and get a muscle balance test, they will sort you out from there :D. Your arms are all over the place, focus on putting infront of your face and dont draw them back too wide!

Anyway, you live in Aus right? so its winter there. If you are serious about sprinting, nows the time to hit the weights and do tempo/ a few accels. In the summer U need to get a coach who will teach u proper technique.

thanks for that, i will try and do that.

yeah i am serious, so i am hitting the weights, and doing tempo’s and accerlations. and i have a someone planned to coach me starting October. so everything is falling into place slowly

Good stuff…Hit the weights HARD and keep training. You can probably get into 11s if you are around 12.9x now.

i know it can be a completely random number as many factors affect it, eg genetics, diet, training, commitment etc

but how much time could a beginner take of his time with the right training and diet in 5 months? like from your experience or others you have witnessed?

because i want a goal to try and reach, but i don’t want to set it way too high or way too low. so what time should i aim for, for 5 months?

Well the good thing 4 u is that u hav a lot 2 improve on. Depends what you do really.

1 year from now you may be anywhere from 11.75-12.50.

5 months maybe 12.00-12.75, hard to tell :stuck_out_tongue:

Its not hard for a beginner to increase 1 second, thats what I’m saying!