2018 races

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gcYmuNKTBo

Coleman has broken 6.40 in his last three 60m indoors. He could go sub 9.7. He’s looking pretty sharp.

will be real interesting to see what he does after 60. He is ready to go 9.7

//youtu.be/bU8AQ5s6I9Y

FL record…but lil too windy

//youtu.be/1U4TJ8VlBLo

another record…9th grade running 22.4…not to mention the 10th grader in second dropping 23

//youtu.be/ukNTNnt49FA

//youtu.be/Ix1MUUpaUiA

Just been watching his videos for the past 2days…I’m glad there’s finally a fastest high school guy(who played football)…and that we get to see all his football workouts, his different drills for football(routes and different ladder footwork drills)…reason being, is I’d had been trying to find Jeff demps, football drill videos with his routes and team practices and whatnot, and couldn’t find any like 6-8years ago

His weekly micro cycle from around March was according to him: Monday -resistance work, Tuesday - 250s or 300s, wednesdays - block work, Thursday - technique work

I got this info off one of his YouTube video interviews(after his 10.13 at Sam burley meet)

I know his track coach, greg barnes. He has taken a few boys including Anthony from 11 mid to low to mid 10’s Also has some fast 8th and 9th grade girls who run mid 50 sec 400’s. He is a legit coach.

Both me and Greg think that Anthony should stick to track only. Once they put size on him at auburn He wont be running 10 flat anymore. The kid who got 3rd in the 100 in the lane next to him on his right in the white is also going to auburn with him.

That’s amazing!

So with thoughts on how Jeff demps was sort of bouncing back from football to track for about 4years(or8 including high school), I think I just seen this demps interview this year where he said he’s now fully track now… I wonder how much they should still include those football workouts and route running, once they’re sub 10(because I thought Jeff demps should have had sub 10 already.

So if Schwartz gets his sub 10(like he said in one of his main interviews from this spring), will he always need the reflexes and reactions which he gets from football style plays/routes/cuts n running, at least 1x per week even while around 10-4 weeks out from his main competition)…so he’ll still be doing 1x per week of football on the grass while he’s racing also?

Or is it a cut and dry cutoff, like the Jamaicans do when getting off the grass for their short accelsand speed work around feb/March(in their interviews they were fully in spikes for speed work of 30-100m.

Or so also, maybe Jamaicans do some varying grass work…slow but fast technique runs or intensive tempo 1x per week during March-August, who knows, or even a bunch of 10m sprints!

Demps shouldve been broke 10 secs. I really think football is what kept that from happening. Now if he decides he wants to go football and doesnt care about losing his speed thats another story. He will still be fast, but not nearly as fast IMO.

He weighs a good 165 now soaking wet, so when they balloon him up to 180-190 I hope he gets strong enough to compensate for that weight. But with the times he is running now, He can sign a pro deal. Nike has already reached out from what ive heard…so is it really worth it to try to make it to play in the not for long?

Letsrun had a video of him in 2008 when he(demps) ran that 10.17, it was a front on shot and the front on view was vicious power, it’s like these 17-19year old high school footballers have that continuous frequency and turnover but it looks slower at times than a 5stride per sev frequency(but it is 5stride per sev frequency)…I like to think it has to do with their football conditioning and all their turns and cuts while sprinting close to full tilt(that only their bodies could handle and accumulate at those ages), during September to December(the warm weather Florida development/ wicked high volume GPP years)…then because this is what they did when they were younger they could and choose to stay doing these tough GPP high volume programs until there late 20s

YOu may be right. With football and track your in year round shape. Lots off grass training, then track transfer like its nothing.

//youtu.be/m5tRCNy_-jk

I remember when Carol Had degrasse rolling like this
By 70meters norman had stole erveryones wallet was on his escape route

What do we know about the USC training program? Is there a good thread on here about it?

http://www.ustfccca.org/assets/symposiums/2011/Smith-Gilbert_Power-development-solutions.pdf

http://www.ustfccca.org/assets/symposiums/2014/Sprints-SmithGilbert-2014.pdf

As you can see Carol is 100000000% influenced by Charlie. So Now we can understand why she has so many excellent results. Besides Norman she has another sprinter a freshman female from Miami who has dropped 10.9 this year

How so???