2012 Olympics Plan

Are you saying you’ve gotten ART done but would re-pull your hamstring anyways? If this is true, then a soft tissue problem probably isn’t what’s causing the hamstring pulls. More than likely you have some kind of biomechanical flaw going on.

As for surgery, there are just too many things that can go wrong with a surgery. Cutting your body open and being induced with nuemrous kinds of drugs is something that should be a last resort. Short of completely tearing your hamstring I can’t think of really any other reason to receive a hamstring operation. The risk reward ratio just isn’t favorable.

You must be able to look at the board (at least peripheral) through the entire final 6 steps or you will miss a lot! Look up “steering” for jumps on the internet there is a lot of stuff on it at the Canadian Athletics coaching center.

yeah i would definitely try to steer away from surgery if you could.

on the training part.

i would try to really work on your 5 bound test, 30m dash, 60m dash (down to sub 7 at least), get your squat over 400, standing long jump and standing triple jump as well.

its kind of amazing u even jumped THAT far this year if you werent able to do any plyos and little speed.

but just remember you have 4 years to build up tolerance, we dont want any more stress problems…

im no expert on technique for running, but im sure you could post a video and have people on here look at your form??

my workouts have been like this:

monday: speed, pretty low volume (under 200m)
tuesday: JUMP light plyos
wednesday: se 150s or 200s runs
thursday: JUMP tempo
friday: speed ladders

due to shin problems this year i never did a se workout or plyos and this hurt me more than anything

all my speed work was on grass

thanks a lot!

yea, i guess i kind of do look at the board peripherally, but my steering i guess is always an inch off.

i need to focus on not fouling my short approach jumps, this might be giving me bad habits. i saw in a thread that crazyhops created he had the same problem.

thanks for the advice…
ive never done the 5 bound test but i agree that it would be good to check out and follow that more regularly

i think ill be using ems on all my high intensity days as well

getting my 60 down to sub 7 is a must and getting my squat over 400 again is a goal as well

id also like to include more med ball throws.

i think something like cf’s GPP running protocol might be alright to try for hill running.

i also respond well to se runs,

*i also do really well when i unload, i seem to peak quite easily i guess

how do i train for elasticity? is that just doing more plyos? depth jumps or something?

is there such thing as too much power work? im confused… i dont think i have near enough power to reach the standard so maybe some ‘power overkill’ in the workload would be beneficial to me

im not a genetic freak by any means, little to no natural ability, i just have a hell of a work ethic, and thats how i got here today.

strengthening the organism even should be a priority, and i was just thinking that OL’s are a little more specific in teaching my hips and upper/lower body to explode in synchrony would help me more than squatting or leg presses…

do u suggest i do anything but squat? or just keep everything on the track and stay out of the weight room? im no expert here!

but if he does have a lot of scar tissue in the hamstring from all the pulls, would ART get rid of all th scar tissue? or is surgery the only answer?

you mentioned shin splint problems … how did you get rid of them?

Hard to say without knowing specifics of the injury, but ART is a start. I found that a combination of ART and Graston did wonders for the built-up scar tissue in my hamstings…

Yup. Surgery is bad.