2007 Operations

This thread will be dedicated to site operations.

I’m going to start by sending a big thanks out to all moderators for their continued help and support. Its much appreciated.

Open issues on my mind.

More members

How do we attract, and maintain our membership? I’m interested in having people post more. Notice our training journals, these threads are very useful. I was thinking of allowing members to have blogs!~.

Video’s a la YouTube

We should have the facility to allow members to upload their own training videos for critique. Thoughts?

General Site Problems

Anything I need to know or can help out with? Any problem members/site difficulties in general? Can we do anything better?

More to follow. I’ve been off for a bit, just got into my new place with my gf and all is good. Expect to see me online ALOT more.

Lets get cracking.

Rupert

More members

How do we attract, and maintain our membership? I’m interested in having people post more. Notice our training journals, these threads are very useful. I was thinking of allowing members to have blogs!~.

[DJD - blogs would probably be easier to manage / read / etc than the current training journal format. This is an excellent idea.

As far as attracting new members, perhaps some marketing pushes into specific sports (i.e. football, soccer, basketball, etc.) CF.com seems to be widely known and well-respected in the speed community, how can we leverage that branding to branch out into a broader range of athletes?]

Video’s a la YouTube
We should have the facility to allow members to upload their own training videos for critique. Thoughts?

[DJD - again an excellent idea. Many of the questions that come up on the site are difficult to answer without seeing some video of the athlete.]

General Site Problems
Anything I need to know or can help out with? Any problem members/site difficulties in general? Can we do anything better?

[DJD - more quality content from Charlie and other top coaches. I know that this is easier said than done, but more books, DVDs, video clips, etc from the guys who really know the stuff is what keep me coming back.]

Having viewable youtube vids would be cool.

Blogs sound great.

I love the site so I can’t think of any improvements that would be needed.

Keep up the great work Rupert.

I was just thinking about the rep points. Some of my most useful posts have gotten negative rep points. Some not so useful users have super high rep points.