2006 Nfl Combine Coverage

Well its about that time of year again. Does anybody know if there are gonna be any live feeds of the 2006 NFL Combine via certain websites like there was on the Packers site last year???

I think there is supposed to be more coverage than ever before but Im not sure if that only applies to what they show on the NFL Network, which I dont have!

Time is of the essence so Team CF.com we gotta stay sharp on this one.

On another note, why can’t I capitalize any non first-letters of words in the title???

They have it up on the Packers website again. 8-10 PM eastern time Sat, Sun, Mon, Tue here:

http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2006/02/15/2/

There are some freaks this year. one guy is Vernon Davis, 6-3, 254, 4.38, 38reps, 42"V, Freak i tell you freak!!!

http://umterps.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/davis_vernon00.html

According to this, Vernon also has a 460 bench and 685 squat. :cool:

Chad Jackson ran a 4.32 40

Here is a site that has combine numbers posted up. The times listed should be his best numbers for each event. 40 times are hand-timed.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/nflcombinebypos.php?draftyear=2006&GenPos=QB&sortorder=LastName&order=ASC

I think whichever team gets Reggie McNeal will be lucky. I agree w/ Corey Chavous.

What are yall’s thought on Vince Young. I think he will get his ass lit up if he tries to run the ball like that in the pro’s. I think Reggie McNeal is a better QB than vince, and could make a whole lot better descisions. At TAMU reggie didnt have anyone to throw to, or he threw it too hard. In the pro’s those WR’s will catch those balls. Vince young also did horrible on the IQ test sortta thing.

My personal views on Vince Young…

The guy is one hell of an athlete! Can run, throw, juke, spin; he’s a playmaker. He is slated as a prospective WR in the NFL, but may be given a shot at QB by a few willing teams. Not to say he will or will not be drafted as a QB, but from what I have heard most feel his best NFL potential is at WR. I have also read he may be used as an Antwaan Randle El type; a WR/QB hybrid. I think the guy can play QB in the NFL, I mean why not? They gave Michael Vick a chance, why not Vince Young? Yes, Vince Young is a runner no doubt about that; but the guy isn’t small! 6’3", ~230-235 lbs. Now yes, the NFL is NOT college football. That is why the Falcons have tried to keep Vick in the pocket more and more as to prevent the risk of him getting blown up if he makes a scramble that isn’t necessary. So, Vince Young could make plays with his feet, but he can’t keep running like he did in college as a QB in the NFL.

As far as that IQ test, it was rumored that he scored a very low score the first time, re-took the test, and scored a 16. Does the name Dan Marino ring a bell? I believe he scored no more than an 18 on the Wonderlic test; he wasn’t so bad of a QB was he :slight_smile: ?

Vince Young WILL play in the NFL that is a gurantee. He’s too much of a valuable player and athlete. What position will be his ultimate future? Now that is a great question. In my opinion, give him a shot at QB. The guy can make plays, just look at what he did throughout his college career. All the stuff they are saying negativley about him (bad throwing mechanics, etc) can be taught and refined with proper coaching with a team that is willing to develop him into an NFL Quarterback. My two cents!

I think Maurice Drew, the RB form UCLA will be pretty good. He is huge at only 5’6. I also think he is quicker, faster and more explosive than Darren Sproles was.

I just cant wait to see how Reggie Bush does at his pro day. I read somewhere that he can run a 4.25 unofficially, but I doubt that. I think that he will be good in the pros too.

I beleive bush may have ran that. He ran 10.42 in cali in HS.

WoW. that might suck if he really does because the current NFL Combine record for the 40 is 4.28. I wonder if they would count that for the pro day.

Reggie bush’s High school football team must have been amazing. Having Alex Smith at QB, and another WR in this years draft, I dont know his name.