Women's 100m Hurdles

Any chance LoLo or Harper wins gold?

No, not if everyone performs at or near their best. But if you’re getting crazy odds, it might be worth throwing like $100 down to try to hit the long shot. Since it’s the hurdles, I’d be more willing to take risks than the sprints because even the best can be slightly off one race, hit a hurdle the wrong way and poof!

+1700/+3200 are crazy odds… Pearson -460…

I know it sounds crazy and I don’t think anyone will beat Pearson but don’t rule out Jessica Zelinka for a medal. I doubt gold but as you mentioned anything can happen in the hurdles and all Zelinka needs to do now is repeat what she appears to be having very little trouble with…Wow. I can’t wait to see the final.
I hope you win lots of money. And have some great food for me in Vegas. I love to cook and I love going out but I have some of the best food anywhere I have traveled in the world in Vegas. It’s an exciting place.
As an aside I was in a race in Nevada years ago and was having a meal with Jack Pierce and a jumper Joe Greene… we were sitting chatting with these seemingly interested guys regarding our races the next day…Jackie Joyner was in my race ( she ended up breaking the world record ) and the odds were hugely in her favor ( no kidding) and the longest shot was … Me;) Certainly that would be have been the case. Sadly I had been running very well prior to that point. I got myself into the Melrose games, felt amazing … John Smith had mentioned to someone we later spoke with that I looked ready to run fast which is how I felt… I had run very well in Tennessee coming second to Michelle Freeman at the time ( an indoor race) narrowly missing a win… Anyway, I was in lane one in NY and the long jump was going on …I slid from the sand and crashed pretty good into the first hurdle. Charlie later said I really needed to have different spikes on boards. ;(
I was still a bit jumpy after that race and by the time I got to Nevada I had clearly not recovered. Anyway the point was those guys we had been speaking to were bet makers. It was the first race betting was permitted.

RB, you better run to the bookie and take that Harper bet ASAP!! If it’s Harper +3200, I swear to god I’m bout to wire you some money…

Yep, it’s at 3200 - put $100 win 3200…

Kelli White sitting around +570…

Well, that was a lot closer than most woud have predicted. Great effort from harper. Both went under the Olympic record. Pity about the rain…

Great race allround, as an Aussie would have liked it not to be so close though (especially from my sleep deprived body)

That race is what an Olympic should be like.

I knew she had it. :wink:

I just wish she had run faster so I could have gone back to sleep quicker!! :smiley: